Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

35 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Waiving and stretching Mozgov almost points to us bringing back Birch. Allows us to also use that last spot on a guard.

Stretching Mozgov is another move I don't get this offseason.. I mean, I like Birch, and if we resign him after that I would be ok, but I doubt that Khem wants to be back with Vuch and Bamba in the fold. So, if the only problem was luxury tax.. why sing Aminu and go over it? Or, why just don't make another move in the future that gets us under?

Stretching without great purpose is another bad move, IMO

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

This is ridiculous. Westbrook doesn’t respect us...Got quotes he’s personally made about his disdain with Orlando as an organization?

Look, with Vuch and Ross resigned, cap room is pretty much gone for the next 3-4 years anyways. Might as well not half ass this and go all in. 

Dude, sometimes things are as easy as body language or a laugh at our cuteness.  Westbrook think's we're cute.  Just think about his lifestyle and who he associates with.  He can't live that in Orlando or perceives Orlando like a place worthy of his presence.  

Terrence Ross loves it here. He's at Disney Springs every weekend.  Vucevic was a painful...inevitable consequence.  

I read your statement as "Hey...we made a terrible decisions.  Might as well go all in and make another terrible decision."  Resistance is futile.   We're doomed to fail.  

3 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Anyone who doesn't think our franchise gets better acquiring a talent like him not just for his skills, but for what talent he would attract to come play with him, is missing the point altogether.

Who wants to play with an over the hill Westbrook who couldn't even put up decent numbers against Portland in the playoffs?

Seriously. You guys don't understand how bad it's going to get with him. He's got maybe 1 year left as a good starter. It's going to go downhill fast.

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Dude, sometimes things are as easy as body language or a laugh at our cuteness.  Westbrook think's we're cute.  Just think about his lifestyle and who he associates with.  He can't live that in Orlando or perceives Orlando like a place worthy of his presence.  

Terrence Ross loves it here. He's at Disney Springs every weekend.  Vucevic was a painful...inevitable consequence.  

I read your statement as "Hey...we made a terrible decisions.  Might as well go all in and make another terrible decision."  Resistance is futile.   We're doomed to fail.  

You aren’t good at reading then. I’m saying we decided to give up future cap space for to run it back, might as well add a piece we are missing like someone who can to the hole, to the free throw line, someone who can possibly get us into the 2nd round and beyond. 

Maybe you should stop over analyzing and just take things face value.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Who wants to play with an over the hill Westbrook who couldn't even put up decent numbers against Portland in the playoffs?

Seriously. You guys don't understand how bad it's going to get with him. He's got maybe 1 year left as a good starter. It's going to go downhill fast.

I guess we'll just have to disagree. Playing the lottery game year in and year out is a dangerous game that has bitten us over the last decade. At least we'd be willing to take a chance on a guy that's a top tier talent with hopes that another all star would be wanting to come join while the East is ripe for the picking. We would instantly become a contender

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Doesn’t matter. We aren’t trading for him.

Just now, VolsBillsMagic said:

I guess we'll just have to disagree. Playing the lottery game year in and year out is a dangerous game that has bitten us over the last decade. At least we'd be willing to take a chance on a guy that's a top tier talent with hopes that another all star would be wanting to come join while the East is ripe for the picking. We would instantly become a contender

We aren’t playing lottery. We’re a treadmill team. We won’t see lottery for another decade or so.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

We aren’t playing lottery. We’re a treadmill team. We won’t see lottery for another decade or so.

We did the last 7 years and look what it got us... You win championships in the NBA through trades and free agency. It's the complete opposite of the NFL. Building like Golden State is like catching lightning 3 times in a row in the same bottle. It's so rare and even they brought in the biggest FA prize 3 years ago to win their last 2 titles.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BRich said:

Unapologetic Russ fan. Deliver me Brodie! (If the price isn’t insane)

The price is paying a 34+ year old $46 million a couple of seasons from now. That's bad enough without giving up assets to get him.

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The price is paying a 34+ year old $46 million a couple of seasons from now. That's bad enough without giving up assets to get him.

It’s not my money! 

(I’m not speaking in a rational manner, I just love the guy.)

27 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Anyone who doesn't think our franchise gets better acquiring a talent like him not just for his skills, but for what talent he would attract to come play with him, is missing the point altogether.

I will agree that Westbrook is a real talent, but is is all self serving, he makes no one better around him and he is a cancer as a team mate. With KD and PG13 requesting to be traded away from him should be a clear indication that he is hard to work with.