Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

We will never get a big time free agent. Our best bet for landing elite talent lies in drafting( luck) or trading. If okc wants 3 unprotected 1sts and Bamba+fournier for Brodie then you do it. You could probably Grab boogie and go all in the next 3 years. The East is Open next season. Capitalize now!  

1.Russ

2. Ross

3. J.I

4. A.G

5. Vooch

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

He explains it perfectly if you click the link 

So not enough cap space to sign an all star for a few years...

I do like Russ, but idk that he would be a good fit here. But the idea being passed around that he is not an upgrade for us is absolutely asinine. Russ is an instant and significant upgrade for us, but idk that it is the right fit for us.

I also dont know how I feel about stretching Mozgov. I feel like that is just extending our cap burden and holding us back for longer.

I dont *hate* the move to bring back Vuc, I've come around to it, but recent moves of bringing back Vuc and now stretching Mozgov are basically killing any hopes of us having big cap space to make a move at any point down the line. We went from heading into an amazing cap situation to wasting it all on Vuc and Mozgov.

3 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

We will never get a big time free agent. Our best bet for landing elite talent lies in drafting( luck) or trading. If okc wants 3 unprotected 1sts and Bamba+fournier for Brodie then you do it. You could probably Grab boogie and go all in the next 3 years. The East is Open next season. Capitalize now!  

1.Russ

2. Ross

3. J.I

4. A.G

5. Vooch

The realistic output of that group would be 2nd round exits, with maybe a conference final if we get some luck— and that would only be for two years before Westbrook starts declining. 

I’d rather build for something greater.

2 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

The realistic output of that group would be 2nd round exits, with maybe a conference final if we get some luck— and that would only be for two years before Westbrook starts declining. 

I’d rather build for something greater.

Which is? I mean you still have Fultz...How are we going to get that “greater”? 

We should do everything in our power to try and snag Westbrook regardless of what it costs. Take on gallinari’s contract for a year to help them unload, then clear a little bit more space for a max contract next summer. The East is wide open and we’ve been rebuilding for too long through the draft while other teams make moves to compete right away