Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Fultz is 20.

Westbrook is 30. 

Making a trade for Westbrook only happens if our management is certain the Fultz won’t work out. 

Huh? Our managment literally just made the same choice last week.

Bamba is 21

Vuch is 28

Our management is certain Bamba won't workout. 

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Come on. You’re basing the idea he doesn’t want to play in Orlando or doesn’t respect this organization on that? He doesn’t like to lose to a team he felt like he should be beat?  Awesome. Bring that here for Pete’s sake!

"He doesn’t like to lose to a team he felt like he should be beat?" No no no.  He doesn't like to lose to a team he doesn't respect.  Russell Westbrook doesn't respect us the same way LeBron didn't respect our organization and team early in his career.  You can add Mo Williams to that too.  They felt losing to the Magic was beneath them.  The same way D wade thought we were cute.  There's plenty of players that I could compose a list of that would come out and definitely play their hardest not to lose to us because it beneath them.  Does Charlotte come to mind?  

Its been signaled in multiple match ups that he has no respect.  Some players see our team as a death sentence for their career or simple retirement.  We still have a perception of ongoing failure throughout the world...that is..if we're relevant enough to be remember more than Magic Johnson. 

With the stomach churning extension of Vucevic, do you want to make this worse?...with a player who doesn't want to play for us and...wants to only play for his stats?  He'd be more focused on getting the ***** outta here than the season.  

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

If we can get Derozen for a minimal package, we can really move up into top 4 in the east, with good depth. Then if our lotto ticket pops...contenders. 

Are there no other options...other than..Derozan?  Please.....basketball gods..spare us from any trade regarding this player.  

I'm not for or against a trade for Westbrook but for those complaining about it killing our future, well yea that's kind of what happens when you go all in. The future would be now. If we signed Kawhi or George or AD or who ever else it would kill our future. We would be going all in. 

Now whether Westbrook is the right guy to go that route with is another discussion.

12 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

"He doesn’t like to lose to a team he felt like he should be beat?" No no no.  He doesn't like to lose to a team he doesn't respect.  Russell Westbrook doesn't respect us the same way LeBron didn't respect our organization and team early in his career.  You can add Mo Williams to that too.  They felt losing to the Magic was beneath them.  The same way D wade thought we were cute.  There's plenty of players that I could compose a list of that would come out and definitely play their hardest not to lose to us because it beneath them.  Does Charlotte come to mind?  

Its been signaled in multiple match ups that he has no respect.  Some players see our team as a death sentence for their career or simple retirement.  We still have a perception of ongoing failure throughout the world...that is..if we're relevant enough to be remember more than Magic Johnson. 

With the stomach churning extension of Vucevic, do you want to make this worse?...with a player who doesn't want to play for us and...wants to only play for his stats?  He'd be more focused on getting the ***** outta here than the season.  

This is ridiculous. Westbrook doesn’t respect us...Got quotes he’s personally made about his disdain with Orlando as an organization?

Look, with Vuch and Ross resigned, cap room is pretty much gone for the next 3-4 years anyways. Might as well not half ass this and go all in. 

15 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Are there no other options...other than..Derozan?  Please.....basketball gods..spare us from any trade regarding this player.  

I mean, he's probably the most attainable SG of his stature without us, hopefully, sending out anything of real value. And his contract is short, so if it doesnt work, it's not crippling for our future.

Ideally, give me Beal, but I don't know if we would pay Beal money and still field a competitive team.

I’m a “no” on pursuing Westbrook. If anything, I think OKC is going to have to relinquish assets (vs receive assets) in a trade with Westbrook. His contract is that bad.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m a “no” on pursuing Westbrook. If anything, I think OKC is going to have to relinquish assets (vs receive assets) in a trade with Westbrook. His contract is that bad.

It’s crazy to me. People were willing to trade for Wiggins and his atrocity yet no to an multiple all star who’s been on a winning team because of contract. And this is after we basically have said “screw cap space” anyways. 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

It’s crazy to me. People were willing to trade for Wiggins and his atrocity yet no to an multiple all star who’s been on a winning team because of contract. And this is after we basically have said “screw cap space” anyways. 

Because Westbrook makes 60 million more than Wiggins and Westbrook has a worse future than Wiggins. 

And trading for Wiggins would be a really bad decision. 

It's the same thing as trading for Chris Paul.