Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Fultz is 20.

Westbrook is 30. 

Making a trade for Westbrook only happens if our management is certain the Fultz won’t work out. 

You don’t have to include Fultz in the trade. He’s still there. 

Westbrook's contract is so long and expensive for a guy who's 31 this season. And it's not like his game is going to age gracefully. 

If we can get Derozen for a minimal package, we can really move up into top 4 in the east, with good depth. Then if our lotto ticket pops...contenders. 

Switching gears, there's a legit earnest thread on Lakers reddit congratulating Pelinka on his job filling out the roster.  This is too good.

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

You can’t actually think Westbrook isn’t an upgrade over DJ and MCW right? 

I wouldn’t go to twitter with that take. 

Westbrook isn’t efficient. He’s overrated by his “triple doubles”. But he does plenty of things at an elite level. Saying he wouldn’t improve our backcourt this year is insanely wrong and one of the worst takes I’ve ever heard on this forum. 

Tanking our future? I can get with that take more. But we’re already 100 million committed to being mediocre with Vuc and their contracts are the same length. The only way it tanks our future is if we gave up multiple picks and AG and Bamba and someone else of the core. Which would probably be the case so that’s why I lean towards agreeing with you on this one. 

When you take into account salary, yes. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Westbrook wouldn't improve it and would kill our future. 

After OKC owned us the last time we traded with them I will gladly trade them Augustine, Fournier, Mozgov, and a protected 2021 pick that will convert to 2 second round picks in 2022 if not taken in 2021 for Westbrook.  And that is my final offer.

• Upvote 1

Oh ****... aren't we about to find out details about our guys' contracts?