Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, ML6 said:

I think you should go get some coffee or fresh air this morning. 

Because I disagree and you seem to be ignoring how bad our backcourt is atm and how limited our options are to improve on it?

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He average 23, 11, and 10 last year. He was just as explosive last year as the year before. You might see less poster dunks. Maybe more layups here and there but he’s not going to fall off like that in a year or two man. Not with how he takes care of his body.

By the time it becomes apparent, we will be able to look for another piece. 

Raw stats doesn't mean he had a good season. His shooting efficiency tanked. He needed a ton of attempts to get those points?

He was significantly less efficient than jerian Grant. The only reason they even made the playoffs last year was because George played 60 games like a MVP candidate. 

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Because I disagree and you seem to be ignoring how bad our backcourt is atm and how limited our options are to improve on it?

Westbrook wouldn't improve it and would kill our future. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Our backcourt being bad doesn’t mean Westbrook is the solution or even an average solution. It would be very bad.

He has one of the league’s worst contracts. His teams consistently underachieve. He’s now had multiple star teammates willingly leave due to his style of play. He is one of the leagues worst shooters overall, let alone for his position. The effective parts of his game (all based on athleticism) will only get worse as he ages.  

So, yes, I’m fine with our current bad backcourt situation if the alternative is getting Westbrook. It doesn’t really improve us short-term and it absolutely cripples is long-term. You’re thinking any solution is a good solution and that’s simply wrong. Sorry. Also you’re reading too much into the Clifford quote. 

• Upvote 1

Watched Bamba last night and his shooting stroke looked very good, but he still is getting caught watching with his hands down; got beaten to the basket for a lay up by a g leaguer. It’s early yet, but his defense wasn’t where it should be. Like I said, it’s early and he hasn’t played 5 on 5 for several months. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Didn't you say this same thing last year about IT and Schroder?

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Nope. We’re content with DJ, MCW, and isn’t ready for 5v5 Fultz.

I'm not happy at all with some of the decision and the direction we take this offseason, but that's no reason to make it worse.

Westbrook will be 31 in November and doesn’t fit our timeline and philosophy. He thrives on his athleticism and these are the first players to decline; at 31 the decline is right around the corner. 

- Jerry West is the goat.

- Portland gonna miss Aminu.

- Spurs should trade us DeMar. 

- Clippers should be the favorites.

- GSW gonna miss Iggy.

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Didn't you say this same thing last year about IT and Schroder?

No. I said I’d sign IT for cheap but not a fan of his injury. I’d trade for Schroder but not giving up anything substantial and wasn’t a big fan of his attitude. If we are going to go this route of pettiness I’m going to say I’m not always right on my assessments and will admit immediately when I’m wrong but I have been right more so.

11 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm not happy at all with some of the decision and the direction we take this offseason, but that's no reason to make it worse.

I disagree it makes us worse. Think it gives us exactly what’s been missing. A guy who can get to the paint and the free throw line.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

You understand that that's the final part of rehab right? He's basically day to day. 

I’m pretty sure Cliff started by saying, “He’s not even close...” And then he stopped himself. I could be wrong but that’s what I recall.