Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

49 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh before I forget. 

Summer league performances are meaningless. Good things mean nothing. Bad things mean nothing. It's fake basketball. Nothing carries over at all. 

Agree and disagree. 

It would mean something to see Bamba out there dominating and looking healthy. Doesn’t mean it will translate at all but I’d rather see him look good against predominantly non-nba players rather than struggle against non-nba players. 

Zhaire looking good. Glad he’s recovered. 

It’s too bad for Thybulle that he has to be a 6ers rookie. We’ll be hearing about his new diagnosis with Maple Syrup Urine Disease or something in the coming weeks. 

21 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Zhaire looking good. Glad he’s recovered. 

It’s too bad for Thybulle that he has to be a 6ers rookie. We’ll be hearing about his new diagnosis with Maple Syrup Urine Disease or something in the coming weeks. 

My wife and I thought my son had that until we stopped feeding him pancakes. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

My wife and I thought my son had that until we stopped feeding him pancakes. Problem solved.

I thought I had Maple Syrup Urine Disease too, but I switched to fruit on my pancakes, and it went away. 

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Agree and disagree. 

It would mean something to see Bamba out there dominating and looking healthy. Doesn’t mean it will translate at all but I’d rather see him look good against predominantly non-nba players rather than struggle against non-nba players. 

I am on board with this assessment.  This can never be a total barometer.  But it can show little things.  I will look for instinctive play which I think Isaac showed last year.  When a player stops having to think and the game slows down progress becomes quicker and faster.  Also heard Bamba put on 20 pounds.  Can he learn to use that for position down low or on defense.  The little things eventually develop into big things.  And confidence, if he dominates, is never a negative.

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd love Ntilikina here. His defense is insane. Offense is trash but at least he has something we can work with

Realistically that's his selling point at the minute because the rest of his game doesn't have much going for it. He's a streaky shooter, drifts in and out of games offensively, and at times doesn't look like he has the fire at the offensive end. In two years with the Knicks he has never really been able to carve out duties as a lead guard despite opportunity to do so. 

Ok, if the buying price for us is nominal - fair enough. However, I don't see Ntilikina being more than a defensively minded 2-guard with limited offensive ability. Unless he finds that fire to want it offensively and starts knocking down shots consistently, but I doubt that happens and that's likely why the Knicks want to move on.