Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Hopefully he can revert to his previous year's performance - or even his career numbers.

6th in Fouls 
7th in Free-throw percentage
10th in Field-goals percentage
13th in Free-throws made
13th in Field-goal attempts
13th in Points
13th in Field-goals made
14th in Efficiency
15th in Free-throw attempts
15th in 3-point attempts

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/orlando-magic/players/evan-fournier/rankings/18/22/349

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Turn your phone sideways and you can sort of make sense of them, but not sure what the point is.

Thanks it worked! The point was just that I didnt understand anything which was counter productive to any contribution I might have to player discussions

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Thanks it worked! The point was just that I didnt understand anything which was counter productive to any contribution I might have to player discussions

I meant the point of the original poster, so we’re on the same page there.

3 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Is Fournier a top 15 SG?

Klay

Harden

Jimmy

Vic

DeRozan

Mitchell

Beal

CJ

Booker

Gary Harris?

Levine?

Jaylen Brown?

Redick?

Holiday?

Ross?!

Gordon?

Wiggins? 

Did I forget anyone? Where does Fournier rank?

Last. Had to say it. Lol. Happy 4th everyone!!!

10 hours ago, LaVar said:

So I guess I was not totally wrong. It is about what he did all year - not just the bad matchup in the playoffs. 

Thank you for validating my point in that he is not an All Star.  All Stars never have bad matchups for an entire series.  Only players with weaknesses (slow footed and lack of defense) do.  A bad contract never validates a season, it can only be viewed as a reward.  He had a good season in a contract year.  Imagine that! His game does not match today's NBA.  Watching Toronto's run to the NBA title, centers on  every other team found ways to be effective.  So yes he can be judged versus the play of others and should have been.  FO had a decision to make and, ultimately overpaid and, in the process, impacted our future FA possibility in a negative way.  I am a Magic fan and will root for his success but if he continues to play as he has done in the past, he is not worth $25 million per year.  

1 hour ago, HeartAndHustle said:

Hopefully he can revert to his previous year's performance - or even his career numbers.

6th in Fouls 
7th in Free-throw percentage
10th in Field-goals percentage
13th in Free-throws made
13th in Field-goal attempts
13th in Points
13th in Field-goals made
14th in Efficiency
15th in Free-throw attempts
15th in 3-point attempts

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/orlando-magic/players/evan-fournier/rankings/18/22/349

He has to be first in dribbling with no purpose category and first in dumping it to your buddy (Vuc) after you finished dribbling with no purpose.

• Upvote 1

It's official...no Fran again this year

• The Magic have probably given up on Fran Vazquez ever coming to the NBA, but there was news this week on their 2005 draft pick, whose draft rights they still retain, tweets Keith Smith of Yahoo Sports. The 36-year-old re-signed with his Zaragoza team in Spain, so his cap hold will be removed from Orlando’s books for another season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Is Fournier a top 15 SG?

Klay

Harden

Jimmy

Vic

DeRozan

Mitchell

Beal

CJ

Booker

Gary Harris?

Levine?

Jaylen Brown?

Redick?

Holiday?

Ross?!

Gordon?

Wiggins? 

Did I forget anyone? Where does Fournier rank?

Somewhere ahead of Bogdan bogdanovic

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We could really help the Warriors here. Could send them Mozgov’s expiring and Bamba for Russell

*obviously at the trade deadline*

Looking at this a bit more, we’d have to throw in DJ as well to match salary.

DJ/Bamba/Mozgov for Russell.

Why Orlando does it: Russell can play the 1 and 2. Would be the best individual scorer we’ve had in a long time. Still super young. All star with superstar potential.

Why Golden State does it: Draymond is due to re-sign and they no longer have a guaranteed title contender worth paying the luxury tax on. DJ and Mozgov are $24ish million in expiring money and they get to take a flyer on a young prospect with 2 years left on his rookie deal.

And thinking even more on this idea, I believe ?4thewin has mentioned it, but we’re actually in a great spot to be one of the teams that can bid on the next superstar that wants out anywhere across the league. We have a ton of money in expiring deals, several young guys on their rookie deals, a couple vets on very fair deals, and all of our picks. Weltman and Hammond aren’t afraid to make trades when they present themselves as long as they make sense. We’re in a good spot going forward, even if we paid Vucevic too much for too long.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:14 PM, TreyMachine said:

INSIDER INFORMATION:

A) Vuc is very well-liked amongst Magic management and teammates. While Vuc was seen as potentially too pricey to keep, it has been known that Vuc wants to stay (his family has become very rooted in Orlando). Not only does his price go down with this playoff series, but it is thought that he would choose us over any team should the price be relatively the same. He isn’t seen as a star, but one of the most consistent big men in the NBA - which has value on a budding young team. 

B) Magic are also willing to shell out more cash for Vuc to continue to be our center of the present and near future because Mo Bamba is still under review, not because of his skill set, but because of his attitude. While there have certainly been quiet, more reserved stars (think Tim Duncan), Mo is rumored to - as was noted in his draft combine - have little natural interest in basketball and even more so, doesn’t mesh well with other teammates. This was so much so that he was even considered to be shopped around before the trade deadline. 

So if we do indeed sign Vuc, it is expected to be a friendly deal, and if not very much so, then it will be due to managements insecurity about handing the reigns to Bamba and what he brings to the locker room. 

I find part B) to be fascinating. My source is very reliable. 

I have to say, this was posted months ago. I am intrigued on whether the Bamba thing is real though. Could be why we paid Vuc $100 mill

• Upvote 1