Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

I'm concerned as to how Al-farouq Aminu will fit on the Magic. Sure, he was a starter for Portland, but he also plays sf and pf.

He kind of remind me of Andrew Nicholson. He seems to play in slow motion and boring to watch.

Whoopee! It's going to be an exciting season to watch Magic basketball with Aminu and Vuch on our team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

27 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm concerned as to how Al-farouq Aminu will fit on the Magic. Sure, he was a starter for Porland, but he also plays sf and pf.

He kind of remind me of Andrew Nicholson. He seems to play in slow motion and boring to watch.

Whoopee! It's going to be an exciting season to watch Magic basketball with Aminu and Vuch on our team.

We got Fournier though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You can't take what happened at the end of last season and apply it to next season. A team does what we did every year and it never carries over. 

Out of curiosity... please name similar circumstances and teams. 

11 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Us multiple years when Elfrid Payton would go play like an All-Star a month after we were eliminated.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Houston Rockets? 

I know your question was directed at ?4thewin.

How many wins would this team have to have to change opinions on this summer? 

Also how quickly will someone mention Vuc's new contract if Bamba puts up like 20 and 10 in summer league?

13 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Houston Rockets? 

I know your question was directed at ?4thewin.

When? Names, time period, and context. 

I cant believe a team with such an overwhelming consistent excellence over a 30-35 game span, staying together the following season, just falls off. 

If there is a team “who does this every year,” it should be easy to identify and validate this theory. 

I imagine it isn’t true or as prevalent as being speculated, as much as I respect the breadth of knowledge ?4thewin brings to the boards. 

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

How many wins would this team have to have to change opinions on this summer? 

Also how quickly will someone mention Vuc's new contract if Bamba puts up like 20 and 10 in summer league?

Gordon and Isaac both dominated SL In their 2nd year’s. I would imagine Bamba to do the same. But as we saw, there was still inconsistency during the regular season. Different talent levels. I don’t imagine Bamba being ready for another 2 years. 

With that being said, there is going to be a large freak out on these boards when Bamba goes 20-10-10 (blocks), which I do think he can do with his length. 

10 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Last season us.

2018, Philly. Finished on a 27-5 run, 52 wins. Started the next season 9-7 before the Jimmy Butler trade. Finished with 51 wins

2017 Miami. Finished on a 30-11 run. 41 wins. The next season only jumped to 44 wins

2016 Charlotte. Finished on a 26-9 run. 48 wins. Following season 36 wins. 

2015 there really isn't one. It'd be Boston but they made that IT trade at the end of that year which kind of invalidates what we're talking about

2014 bulls. Rose and Deng go down early. They hustle their way to 48 wins after a 24-9 run to close out the season. 50 wins the next year.