Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

TRoss move in this video is amazing! Glad we are running it back with him! Those of you that are upset that we are bringing Vuc back... we have the consolation that he is a loooong way off a max contract.

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Might sound too optimistic to some but for myself I fully expect our team to be fighting for homecourt next season. 

If we can stay relatively injury free and our internal development that I'm expecting comes to fruition I honestly believe we are gonna be a real good team.

Continuity is going to he massive for us. 

If Kahwi goes Lakers the East is wide open

You're being too optimistic. 

We caught a ton of breaks last season. Health. Opponents being unhealthy. Etc. 

Top 4 basically means 50 wins. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:
34 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Might sound too optimistic to some but for myself I fully expect our team to be fighting for homecourt next season. 

If we can stay relatively injury free and our internal development that I'm expecting comes to fruition I honestly believe we are gonna be a real good team.

If Kahwi goes Lakers the East is wide open.

You're being too optimistic. 

We caught a ton of breaks last season. Health. Opponents being unhealthy. Etc. 

Top 4 basically means 50 wins. 

A good point. This is why I get heartburn when I see images of Vuch with a smug look on his face, knowing he got away with something he does not deserve because he didn't win games by himself.

As someone else mentioned, other teammates were not able to get involved by playing up tempo because they had to slow the game down to feed slow-foot Vuch, making it appear that the team had to rely solely on him for scoring.

All this talk from Vuch about wanting to help the team build on their accomplishments from last season is "bull".  All-Star, contract year. . .Oh, he knew what he what was doing. So, now he is set for 4 years and don't have anything to prove.

My 2 cents. 

• Like 1

There’s 3 teams in the East that are clearly better than us: Toronto, Milwaukee, Philadelphia

we’ll see how the new groups in Indiana and Boston and the Durant-less Nets do, but we should be able to compete in that category in the 4-7 range. Miami and Detroit should fight for 8 with Atlanta being annoying but too young to make it, and then Washington, Charlotte, Cleveland, Chicago and New York will be amongst the worst teams in the league

47 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

A good point. This is why I get heartburn when I see images of Vuch with a smug look on his face, knowing he got away with something he does not deserve because he didn't win games by himself.

As someone else mentioned, other teammates were not able to get involved by playing up tempo because they had to slow the game down to feed slow-foot Vuch, making it appear that the team had to rely solely on him for scoring.

All this talk from Vuch about wanting to help the team build on their accomplishments from last season is "bull".  All-Star, contract year. . .Oh, he knew what he what was doing. So, now he is set for 4 years and don't have anything to prove.

My 2 cents. 

Mr. Vucevic, I would like to introduce you to Mr. Bamba, your replacement hopefully sooner rather than later.  Plodding slow footed big men do not fit today's NBA.  Anybody see Bogut against Toronto.  If you blinked you would have missed it because he could not compete.  Reminded me of Vuc vs Toronto.  Not sure when Bamba will be NBA ready but he needs to get meaningful minutes this year regardless of Vuc's contract.  One thing is certain, if they don't play or you show no confidence in them to play, you will never know.    Clifford has an athletic 7 footer with a 7'10" wingspan.  Hard to screw that up!

• Like 1

I would assume our defense will be great from the jump since we're bringing the same team back with coach Cliff

49 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s 3 teams in the East that are clearly better than us: Toronto, Milwaukee, Philadelphia

we’ll see how the new groups in Indiana and Boston and the Durant-less Nets do, but we should be able to compete in that category in the 4-7 range. Miami and Detroit should fight for 8 with Atlanta being annoying but too young to make it, and then Washington, Charlotte, Cleveland, Chicago and New York will be amongst the worst teams in the league

If Toronto is without Leonard, they will be more vulnerable. Philly is the "gang that can't shoot straight"--until they can prove they have an oiutside shooter (losing Butler and Reddick will hurt) defend them by packing the paint,  I would entertain a zone defense on Milwaukee (Giannis struggled against Toronto when he was given an outside shot but prevented from driving.  All have weaknesses.  Not saying we can exploit those weaknesses but if Fultz is the real deal and our young guys improve, especailly Bamba, we could be that team no one wants to face in the playoffs by the year's end.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

If Kahwi goes Lakers the East is wide open

I don't think it's anymore wide open than it was last year to be honest. The one thing we shouldn't bet on is staying relatively injury free. Injuries happen and they happen sporadically. For those teams who do limit injuries they are they exception. Odds are we aren't lucky enough to be afforded that benefit two years in a row. I think we will still end up in the 6-8 range with a similar record plus or minus 5 games or so. 

Tier 1:

Milwaukee, Sixers, Toronto(With Kawhi), Boston

Tier 2:

Indiana, Brooklyn

Tier 3:

Magic, Heat, Detroit, Toronto(without Kawhi), Miami

Not much has changed from last year to me. 

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't think it's anymore wide open than it was last year to be honest. The one thing we shouldn't bet on is staying relatively injury free. Injuries happen and they happen sporadically. For those teams who do limit injuries they are they exception. Odds are we aren't lucky enough to be afforded that benefit two years in a row. I think we will still end up in the 6-8 range with a similar record plus or minus 5 games or so. 

Tier 1:

Milwaukee, Sixers, Toronto(With Kawhi), Boston

Tier 2:

Indiana, Brooklyn

Tier 3:

Magic, Heat, Detroit, Toronto(without Kawhi)

Not much has changed from last year to me. 

Honestly, I think we will be right where we were last year, fighting for the 8th seed.

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

Healthy Indiana is a lot better than us

Indiana lost 5 of its top 8 rotation guys this off-season, including the three guys who played the most minutes last season. Malcolm Brogdon has never started a full season in the NBA and Oladipo is currently injured and will likely miss the start of the season.

I think we'll be better than them this season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Indiana lost 5 of its top 8 rotation guys this off-season, including the three guys who played the most minutes last season. Malcolm Brogdon has never started a full season in the NBA and Oladipo is currently injured and will likely miss the start of the season.

I think we'll be better than them this season. 

They got jeremy lamb and TJ warren. You are not giving this 2 guys enough credit. Warren is a legit player. 

A line up of: Brogdon, Warren , Oladipo, Lamb, Sabonis, Turner, Bitadze and Holiday is pretty decent. Not to mention that they will likely sign Rubio in the next few days.  They are as good if not better than last season.  

I see Brooklyn, toronto(with and without leonard), Boston, Pacers, Milwaukee, miami and Sixers above us. Then you have Detroit, Magic and Cleveland fighting for the 8 spot. 

I think we are going to be in the same position as last year. I said this with a grain of salt as I dont know  exact status on Fultz and Bamba.

• Downvote 1