Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, Franchise408 said:

I just think its funny that nobody here thinks Vuc or Fournier are pieces to a winning, contending team, but those same people seem to think they are pieces we can flip to easily acquire those said pieces, in deals that are entirely friendly and beneficial to our team.

We have a "treadmill" team, but apparently are just sitting on all of these amazing deals that are just gonna instantly turn us into a contender. 

That's because you're looking at things through the lens of the magic. Our circumstances don't apply to other teams. Like Vuc would probably be awesome on the thunder because they're not doing the same thing we're doing, leveraging an elite defense to account for a lack of an elite scorer. 

A lot of teams would like fournier. He does a lot of things well. He's not a great defender but he's a solid team defender. He's not a mismatch threat because bigger players struggle to post him. He can shoot and dribble and pass. 

He looks worse here because he's basically forced to be Jimmy Butler.

Fit is important. In a better fit he'd be more valuable. But that's never going to be here. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

BoID6w.png               Evan_Fournier_copy_3_350x.png 

Look at that point guard go!  Klay Thompson once scored 50+ points on 6 dribbles.  Fournier did him one better.  He scored 6 points on 50+ dribbles.  He got skill!

I'm not a huge Fournier guy but man you guys are swinging this way too far.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah

Idk man he's good but I don't think he's a stand alone, carry a team to contender status guy.  They top out at what, a 7 seed if everything goes right? 

Maybe I'm just coalescing all of the previous rumors and not keeping track of who has actually been shipped out.  I keep thinking they lost everyone but now that I consider it I guess Dragic, Olynyk, & DJJ aren't going anywhere?  Guess they still have enough rotation guys.  All the different iterations of this trade have my head spinning.

8 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Idk man he's good but I don't think he's a stand alone, carry a team to contender status guy.  They top out at what, a 7 seed if everything goes right? 

What were they if they didn't trade for him? 9th seed with limited ability to improve

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah

He’s overrated. He’s had issues everywhere he’s been. He doesn’t win. Idk why he gets discussed like he’s a top tier super star. He’s not. He’s a really good player but he’s no where near the A level stars in this league yet every year we seem to be talking about where butler is going. 

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s overrated. He’s had issues everywhere he’s been. He doesn’t win. Idk why he gets discussed like he’s a top tier super star. He’s not. He’s a really good player but he’s no where near the A level stars in this league yet every year we seem to be talking about where butler is going. 

Agreed. 3rd best player/fringe 2nd best player on a championship team.

• Like 1