Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I do care about the money.   But more then that I care about the type of player Vooch is.  You cannot have your so called best player be an inefficient center who ranked 133rd in points per shot which he was one of the worst centers in the league because he doesn't go to the line and hit that many 3's  .  You have to play at a slow pace to maximize his game which hinders our young athletes who would be better playing up tempo.  One of the main reasons we were towards the bottom in the league in offense.   We would have been better off signing a short term cheaper option until Bamba was ready.  That was the opinion of many on this board.  

Unfortunately the NBA is a business, GMs try to keep their job by getting casual fans to show up to the games and make the owners profit. I had been getting ready for this tragedy for a long time.

Even our gameplan whenever Ross led the second unit was a little funny. Just let him jack up shots because no one else could score

We’re paying close to luxury tax money for a team that’s not guaranteed to make the playoffs 

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Unfortunately the NBA is a business, GMs try to keep their job by getting casual fans to show up to the games and make the owners profit. I had been getting ready for this tragedy for a long time.

Even our gameplan whenever Ross led the second unit was a little funny. Just let him jack up shots because no one else could score

We’re paying close to luxury tax money for a team that’s not guaranteed to make the playoffs 

I will get a lot of crap for this but I believe ever since Alex Martins took over the direction of the franchise changed.  Words matter and it went from "We want to bring a championship to Orlando" to "We want to build a consistent competitive team"  Or something to that effect.  Welcome to the treadmill Magic fans!

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I will get a lot of crap for this but I believe ever since Alex Martins took over the direction of the franchise changed.  Words matter and it went from "We want to bring a championship to Orlando" to "We want to build a consistent competitive team"  Or something to that effect.  Welcome to the treadmill Magic fans!

Yeah, it is what it is. I’m cancelling League Pass but I’ll remain a fan

• Upvote 1

Guys after sitting down and thinking about this Vuc nonsense and how we didn’t address the SG position. What if management is trying internally develop our SG of the future. Think about it, why would management sign Aminu effectively taking Iwundu out of the rotation at the SF position. What if we are trying to groom Iwundu into a huge SG? The biggest flaw to his game is that he can’t hit his jump shots consistently right now but what if that changes? Could you imagine a lineup of Fultz, Iwundu, Isaac, Gordon and Vuc (rolls eyes) I bet management is salivating at the thought of putting that death lineup out there. Wes can handle the ball and plays good team defense and his individual D is coming along as well. Idk I just can’t see how management has made all these calculated moves and signings for the last couple of years to all of a sudden change course now. I believe the Vuc signing is gonna be team friendly where we can move him when Bamba is ready. That way we can have the most athletic and dangerous defensive starting 5 in the league. Idk just my thoughts after seeing us not address the G position AGAIN and have Fournier starting for us with the same damn results and the elite PG’s abuse DJ because of his height disadvantage. Love to hear what everyone thinks about this odd possibility lol. 

Part of the Vuc contract that I think people are ignoring is if you want to trade for a max contract you have to match salary. If 3 years from now Jokic wants a trade we could be in a prime position to bring in a guy who's essentially Vuc but better into a team that has already (hopefully) shown that it can compete and make the playoffs with Vuc as the main guy. Vuc (expiring) + young player on rookie deal+ picks for Jokic could well be on the table then. Obviously that's incredibly hypothetical but that's the kind of thing Toronto did. They didn't build a championship team overnight. First they built a mediocre team. And then with internal improvement and a few half decent free agent role players etc they built a good playoff team and then when the opportunity presented itself they rolled the dice to become a championship team. It's easy to say being mediocre is the worst thing but some of those tanking seasons were rough and i'd rather not go back there for a little while yet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Guys after sitting down and thinking about this Vuc nonsense and how we didn’t address the SG position. What if management is trying internally develop our SG of the future. Think about it, why would management sign Aminu effectively taking Iwundu out of the rotation at the SF position. What if we are trying to groom Iwundu into a huge SG? The biggest flaw to his game is that he can’t hit his jump shots consistently right now but what if that changes? Could you imagine a lineup of Fultz, Iwundu, Isaac, Gordon and Vuc (rolls eyes) I bet management is salivating at the thought of putting that death lineup out there. Wes can handle the ball and plays good team defense and his individual D is coming along as well. Idk I just can’t see how management has made all these calculated moves and signings for the last couple of years to all of a sudden change course now. I believe the Vuc signing is gonna be team friendly where we can move him when Bamba is ready. That way we can have the most athletic and dangerous defensive starting 5 in the league. Idk just my thoughts after seeing us not address the G position AGAIN and have Fournier starting for us with the same damn results and the elite PG’s abuse DJ because of his height disadvantage. Love to hear what everyone thinks about this odd possibility lol. 

I think they’re going to be pumping out the same damn team every year until they trade for a star.

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

Part of the Vuc contract that I think people are ignoring is if you want to trade for a max contract you have to match salary. If 3 years from now Jokic wants a trade we could be in a prime position to bring in a guy who's essentially Vuc but better into a team that has already (hopefully) shown that it can compete and make the playoffs with Vuc as the main guy. Vuc (expiring) + young player on rookie deal+ picks for Jokic could well be on the table then. Obviously that's incredibly hypothetical but that's the kind of thing Toronto did. They didn't build a championship team overnight. First they built a mediocre team. And then with internal improvement and a few half decent free agent role players etc they built a good playoff team and then when the opportunity presented itself they rolled the dice to become a championship team. It's easy to say being mediocre is the worst thing but some of those tanking seasons were rough and i'd rather not go back there for a little while yet.

The only silver lining.

I’m keeping tabs on D’Angelo Russell. Not sure he stays in GSW

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Maybe Phoenix settles on Vuc when Booker inevitably demands a trade

What about Ayton though? Those 2 definitely can’t play together and I don’t see Phoenix giving up on him so fast especially if he continues to improve every year. 

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I think they’re going to be pumping out the same damn team every year until they trade for a star.

I don’t mind the same team if we replaced one or both in Vuc and Fournier. That’s what it boils down to honestly and idk how management doesn’t see that. 

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I don’t mind the same team if we replaced one or both in Vuc and Fournier. That’s what it boils down to honestly and idk how management doesn’t see that. 

I think, just by looking at contracts, AG is the guy we end up trading. I don’t see anyone wanting Vooch at this point.