Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Do you think we signed Vooch because no-one was looking at him and we thought what the hell he was an all-star. If they did it because it was for the fans then FO does not seem to listen to us as at. Obviously happy about Ross however I am a bit worried he will go into his shell like he did in Toronto after his pay day. Aminu I am more just baffled about more than anything, not to say he wont work out it was more about positioning. 

As much as I wish we were going in a different direction than Vuc at center, I believe there teams out there that would have paid more.

There hasn't been any news on Vuc today yet. Weird. Maybe everyone just assumes it's a done deal. 

How on earth is Tobias Harris about to get paid like double what AG makes. That's outrageous. 

I like Aminu. I think we'll basically run a 3 man forward rotation of Isaac/AG/Aminu and then any other minutes left over will be taken up by small ball lineups that include Ross, Fournier or Iwundu at the 3. 

We must really believe in Fultz to not strengthen our point guards at all this summer. And that's super exciting. Like we could be about to watch a future 30 for 30 documentary next season.

I say that and then we'll trade for Goran Dragic or something..

59 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

There hasn't been any news on Vuc today yet. Weird. Maybe everyone just assumes it's a done deal. 

How on earth is Tobias Harris about to get paid like double what AG makes. That's outrageous. 

I like Aminu. I think we'll basically run a 3 man forward rotation of Isaac/AG/Aminu and then any other minutes left over will be taken up by small ball lineups that include Ross, Fournier or Iwundu at the 3. 

We must really believe in Fultz to not strengthen our point guards at all this summer. And that's super exciting. Like we could be about to watch a future 30 for 30 documentary next season.

I say that and then we'll trade for Goran Dragic or something..

I hate everything that happened today except for the Ross signing.  They have to know something about Fultz or the offseason is not over.  Something is just missing that brings it all together hopefully.  

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So if we're sitting here right now with:

Augustin-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-vucevic

Fultz-Ross-iwundu-aminu-Bamba

MCW-Frazier-?(Jeffries? Briscoe? Vet minimum guy? Birch?)-okeke-Mozgov

That's probably good for 38-45 wins next year. 

The team is more insulated in the case of injury at a couple positions but internal improvement is going to mean a lot and obviously our upside is only as high as Fultz makes it. 

At first, I was a little shocked at Vooch's contract, but I am coming around now that we have resigned Ross and I have had time to let it all digest. It is what it is. Nothing we can do about it. I'm hoping that keeping the core together will translate to even a few more wins because of continuity and most of the guys being in year 2 of Clifford's system. 

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

How depressing is it as a Magic fan we had Shaq and T-Mac for a combined 8 years but we are looking at the possibility of 11 years of Vooch! Let that sink in!!!!

I understand your frustration but it is not the same. We have to understand how the market is at the moment and how the cap space works. 25 millions now is like 15 millions per year about 5 years ago. 

If Holford got 98millions, Portis over 15 per and the Lopez and Jordan above 10 then per year then  you have to understand that 100 millions in 4 years is not a bad deal for Vooch.

Now, I am not saying it was a good deal for us. It was a decent deal considering the market and hopefully a market friendly potential trade down the road. This can happen next year or 2 years from now. 

Fultz, AG, Isaac, Ross, Amino, vooch and Bamba is a good group to cheer for. I just hope we can trade Fournier for another decent SG starter.

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Have the details of Vuch's deal been announced? What's taking so long? Or did I miss it?

Not until everything files with the league next week. 

I do care about the money.   But more then that I care about the type of player Vooch is.  You cannot have your so called best player be an inefficient center who ranked 133rd in points per shot which he was one of the worst centers in the league because he doesn't go to the line and hit that many 3's  .  You have to play at a slow pace to maximize his game which hinders our young athletes who would be better playing up tempo.  One of the main reasons we were towards the bottom in the league in offense.   We would have been better off signing a short term cheaper option until Bamba was ready.  That was the opinion of many on this board.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's pretty clear that the PG market was going to be fairly prohibitive for us.  Rubio for $51 million, Joseph for $37 mil.

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

You have to play at a slow pace to maximize his game which hinders our young athletes who would be better playing up tempo. 

That's one of my biggest issues with keeping him.