Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

What does Fournier do (except turn the ball over a lot. Oh, and missing easy layups)? Am I missing something?

He's the only guy on the team who can create in end of game situations and facilitates a lot which is important if Augustin is our point guard

His turnover rate is pretty low. 

He's not great but it's not like we can just plug Ross into that spot and be fine. 

We need Fultz to take that facilitator role and then fournier is easier to replace with a player that can do fewer things but does them better. 

5 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Actually I think Isaac is our possible unicorn.

Long term, sure. But immediately I'd be surprised if he had more than 12ppg this year

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That could be anything though. Rashard is a rich man's aminu

At age 30 maybe. He had 3 straight years of 20ppg+, Isaac doesn't come near that without something crazy happening. 

1 minute ago, Tank Vogel said:

At age 30 maybe. He had 3 straight years of 20ppg+, Isaac doesn't come near that without something crazy happening. 

I don't know. He started hitting that baseline turnaround. 

It could just be a volume thing. It's not crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

lol... Kids only like 21... Never heard of player development...????

8 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

lol... Kids only like 21... Never heard of player development...????

He averaged 9.6ppg on 43% and 33% from 3 in year 2. He averaged 12ppg in his one college season. How much offensive upside do you think is there?

16 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Not as good as your first two posts in hilarity and originality (double double) but good enough to qualify as a triple double.  3 posts excelling in hilarity and originality in the same day.  Great day for TrueMagicFan07.  Congrats.

tenor.gif

That was just too funny, OTH! But thanks, I'll accept the award.  :)

You, my dear friend, are on a roll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know. He started hitting that baseline turnaround. 

It could just be a volume thing. It's not crazy. 

Isaac, if he continues to develop and the team develops him too, becomes like Siakam, and is a nightmare matchup.  He can shoot, can handle the ball and once he adds an inside game like that baseline turnaround he  will be a load to handle.  Scored 16 in one quarter against Boston, that is insane.  If he only averages 12ppg this year it will be because he is the 4th option meaning Fultz is for real.  I would be OK with that.

6 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

He averaged 9.6ppg on 43% and 33% from 3. He averaged 12ppg in his one college season. How much offensive upside do you think is there?

I know Summer League isn’t too much of an indicator, but something tells me that if Isaac decides to assert himself with more volume, he could get 15 - 20 PPG. 

The great thing about Isaac though (and many of our team) is he doesn’t need 15 shots in a game to feel validated. Much rather take his lock-down defense and willingness to make the smart pass that a chucker.