Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Nah. There's no trade. 

We'll go into next season with this rotation:

Augustin-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-vucevic

Fultz-Ross-iwundu-aminu-Bamba

And in the middle of the season when we learn more about guys we have the ammunition to do a 3 for 1 if we want to do that. 

That's a solid rotation if it plays out that way

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. There's no trade. 

And in the middle of the season when we learn more about guys we have the ammunition to do a 3 for 1 if we want to do that. 

That's definately a much improved bench.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. There's no trade. 

Gag

Just can’t ever be excited for anything being a Magic fan. 

I keep seeing stuff about stretching Mozgov.  Am I crazy not seeing a reason to do that right now?  We're not currently over the tax are we?  Without stretching we just flip him at the deadline.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

I keep seeing stuff about stretching Mozgov.  Am I crazy not seeing a reason to do that right now?  We're not currently over the tax are we?  Without stretching we just flip him at the deadline.

I think it seems pretty likely if we want to fill the entire bench. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah there is no reason to do it now. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I think it seems pretty likely if we want to fill the entire bench. 

How big of a rotation do we need?

DJ/Evan/Gordon/Isaac/Vooch
Fultz/Ross/Iwundu/Aminu/Bamba is 10 already.  Then add some fringe guys.  Moz was inactive all last year, why do we suddenly need an active 15th man?

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

You're not crazy no. Little reason to stretch him and we will only be marginally over the luxury tax once we add the remaining 2 way/min contracts and remove Birch's  cap hold as I don't see him re-signing with us.

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

I'd tend to agree, but maybe he wants a move back to the east coast since that's where he's from? Or perhaps he wants to prove he can win a title outside of the Warriors? 

The easy route for him would have been to re-sign with the Warriors because whether he returns to KD level play or regresses, he would have three all stars alongside him and would be on one of the best teams. So had he stayed he could have taken it easy in a sense, but by going to the Nets he's going to be "the guy" again when he's back and taking on a new challenge.

I can see the appeal of both options. Had I been him I would have stayed with the Warriors, but that's because I prefer Cal to NYC.

I agree with the bold part. The fact that Kevin is 30 yrs. old is not going to make it easy for him when and after he heals. Okay, so he is an athlete, but at age 30 +, it's not going to be easy for him to return to play at the same level as he did before the injury. There is also going to be a lot of pressure and expectations from the fans of his new team to take them to the next level. 

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I think we stretch Mozgov to bring back Birch and stay under the tax

When you find yourself getting down on the magic just be glad we're not the Knicks. We're getting upset about long term mediocrity and they get this:

• Like 1