Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

If he's not, the FO just took a massive, uncalculated gamble, going into luxury tax with a roster ran by a DJ/MCW/Briscoe combo.

Hope Fultz is well on track. 

You guys really only see Fournier's negatives.  If he shot at his average this past season he would've been a very effective player.

1 minute ago, crisby pancakes said:

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player and 10 per isn't going to impact us massively. He'll see a lot of time as the main backup for the 4 this year and will be pretty solid as a starter if Gordon goes down but next season you have Okeke as well so that's quite the log jam, it's just puzzling with it being a 3 year deal. Has to mean Fultz is good to go right??? I'm praying Fultz is good to go so bad.

I understand.  We go from worrying about a salary cap to going into the luxury tax.  Somebody said it here before when we zig, Weltham zags.   If I knew we would be this active, which I love, it would have saved me a ton of posts.  Good day for us.

Just now, ML6 said:

You guys really only see Fournier's negatives.  If he shot at his average this past season he would've been a very effective player.

He’s not a high IQ player. He makes too many mental mistakes and doesn’t play team ball. He continuously ignores the cutter or the player in the corner for the three. He throws bad pases dribbles our of bounds and chucks up head scratching shots throughout the game. No thanks but I’ll pass on that nonsense. We need teammates who make one another better that’s how you build a strong culture and get FA players who wanna sign here. Sure Fournier hit a few game winners but that’s because he had to make up for the bad plays he made down the stretch. If he played within himself I’d be ok with keeping him but he tries to do too much and isn’t as talented as he thinks he is. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah.  But he didn't and wasn't.  Becau s e of what we've done todsy, it makes no sense to let him play out his contract.  

Ok. Thinking about this more if Okeke comes back this year and looks capable we could definitely dump aminu for something like a second rounder at least with no issue. 

So there might not be any difference between aminu for one year or three years.