Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

TRoss back 4 years $54 mil.  Little pricey but who even cares anymore after Vooch

Just now, ?4thewin said:

He got the exact extension we could have offered him months ago

4 for 54 for Ross makes sense. I just don’t get the ***** we had to give Vuc what we gave him. It was such a ***** up. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

He got the exact extension we could have offered him months ago

Not a bad deal at all in my opinion. Now let's see if he can stay healthy.

16 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Your exact words were;

" we had a center who was a much better defender in just his rookie year."

He averaged 16 minutes a game, played just 45 games and was up against bench players or end of bench guys where in many situations the game was already decided. You linked a fluff piece that showed no comparision between him and Vooch. To say Bamba was a better defender than Vooch last year is flat out nonsense. He would have been eaten alive going up against start level centres and that's not even getting into how bad offensively he was. Which was very very bad . . . .

I've not been a fan of Vooch and would prefer we didn't resign him but some of the hate he gets on here is a mixture of riduculous and nonsense. Especially considering he was actually very solid defensively for us all year.

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2019/5/26/18639691/season-in-review-nikola-vucevic-final-grade

See, I can link things that say a player is great defensively too.

My year includes the playoffs.  Vuc, the fake All Star=final grade of an F.  Raptors flew by Vuc.  4 year $100 million for a dinosaur is not prudent.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

KD should've stayed with Golden State. Who knows how long it will be before he is able to play again. And Kyrie is injury prone. So, good luck with that, KD.

I'd tend to agree, but maybe he wants a move back to the east coast since that's where he's from? Or perhaps he wants to prove he can win a title outside of the Warriors? 

The easy route for him would have been to re-sign with the Warriors because whether he returns to KD level play or regresses, he would have three all stars alongside him and would be on one of the best teams. So had he stayed he could have taken it easy in a sense, but by going to the Nets he's going to be "the guy" again when he's back and taking on a new challenge.

I can see the appeal of both options. Had I been him I would have stayed with the Warriors, but that's because I prefer Cal to NYC.

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

My year includes the playoffs.  Vuc, the fake All Star=final grade of an F.  Raptors flew by Vuc.  4 year $100 million for a dinosaur is not prudent.  

So in other words you're talking nonsense. Thanks for clarifying.