Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

13 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

@KeithSmithNBA: With Nikola Vucevic seemingly in the fold, look for the Magic to turn to keeping Terrence Ross in Orlando as well per sources. The Magic will also be aggressive pursuing help with the MLE. Orlando intends to stay a playoff team after this past year's appearance.

How did that work out for Miami? They made the playoffs in 2018 and didn't make it in 2019. (Note: Dwayne Wade was traded back  to Miami in February, 2018).

Wade helped his team almost make it to the 2019 playoffs.

Bottom line is: Having an All-Star on a team does not guarantee or increase chances of a team to make back to back playoffs appearances.

Jimmy Butler to the Heat is what I’m hearing. It seems strange considering they are in no shape to compete for a championship in his prime. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d love to bring back KOQ.... also, I’m going to remain skeptical of the Vucevic deal until it’s official in 6 hours

No, to Kyle O'quinn. Sure, he grabs rebounds and can occasionally score baskets. But for me, he is a 'big stiff'. . . not mobile enough like Joel Embiid or Al Horford, for example.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No, to Kyle O'quinn. Sure, he grabs rebounds and can occasionally score baskets. But for me, he is a 'big stiff'. . . not mobile enough like Joel Embiid or Al Horford, for example.

He'd be the third big and would never play. 

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Al Horford is your go-to example of a mobile big man? Kyle won’t play much, he’ll be injury insurance and is a great chemistry/locker room guy.

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's weird looking at pietrus' stats and seeing how unremarkable they were. In my mind he was such an amazing bench player. 

Wasn't he significantly more impactful before the wrist injury?

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Al Horford is your go-to example of a mobile big man? Kyle won’t play much, he’ll be injury insurance and is a great chemistry/locker room guy.

Okay, well let's try a different center, like Karl Anthony-Towns. How does that work?

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

looks like if we’re the team willing to take on Wiggins, we’ll find out soon

I hate that ?4thewin has me ready to happily accept a trade for Wiggins.