Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

A lot of smart people think Brown is being hampered by his role in Boston. Look at his playoff numbers. He's one of the most efficient scorers. 

When you're looking for guys who go from role players to star players these are the signs you look for. 

And if he's not that guy he's just an Evan Fournier who can actually play defense which is also good

This may all be true. But you’re willing to give Bamba up for that? It’s jot that I wouldn’t take Brown. It’s that I wouldn’t take brown for Bamba. 

Sacramento doesn’t believe they can sign Horford even with the contract they’re prepared to give, is there still hope they out-bid us for Vuc? 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

This may all be true. But you’re willing to give Bamba up for that? It’s jot that I wouldn’t take Brown. It’s that I wouldn’t take brown for Bamba. 

I'm not sure Bamba has crazy value right now and there's not really a big market of goto guys. 

If the 4th year on Vuc is a TO then the contract (though I still hate just about everything about it) makes it much better to swallow. That would pretty much make the signing what I would have thought was “worse case scenario” a few days ago. I figured 3 for around 65 would be my “worse case” for Vuc. I never imagined a 4 for 100. It really never crossed my mind. But a team option on the final year would help me make some sense of it. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure Bamba has crazy value right now and there's not really a big market of goto guys. 

Then I wouldn’t trade him. Having Bamba develop and backup isn’t the worst thing in the world for him and us. Also Vuc does have a history of missing games. Bamba isn’t costing us a ton of money. Just keep him if you can’t get a home run trade done.