Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d love to bring back KOQ.... also, I’m going to remain skeptical of the Vucevic deal until it’s official in 6 hours

Me too, but we don't have the minutes for him.

27 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Why should Boston do this trade?

I'm asking the same thing about his proposed Fournier & Mozgov for Wiggins and a pick trade.

Like why tf would Minnesota make that move??

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

If we trade Bamba for Brown we’d officially be a joke. 

If Bamba does get traded (which kills me because I love Bamba) it better be for a good proven scorer or a young guy who has just as much potential. Like a Gary Harris or Jamal Murray type (not those guys I know neither are happening just that mold). 

Trading Bamba now has Oladipo written all over it. 

I’m in Denver, the Nuggets are my 2nd team. I think Harris could be had. Beasley, Barton and Craig are all solid and cheaper and Harris and Murray are kind of redundant on the floor sometimes.

Just now, Franchise408 said:

I'm asking the same thing about his proposed Fournier & Mozgov for Wiggins and a pick trade.

Like why tf would Minnesota make that move??

Because they have to move Wiggins so they can sign D. Russell.

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

If we trade Bamba for Brown we’d officially be a joke. 

If Bamba does get traded (which kills me because I love Bamba) it better be for a good proven scorer or a young guy who has just as much potential. Like a Gary Harris or Jamal Murray type (not those guys I know neither are happening just that mold). 

Trading Bamba now has Oladipo written all over it. 

Common sense has prevailed.  If we idiotically trade Bamba it needs to be a team in the West.  I do not want to see him guarding "fleet footed" Vuc four times a year. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

How about Evan and mo for Beal. This a move I could get behind. And if we go after koq then the writing is on the wall for Mo. 

Washington isn’t trading Beal

I mean, it's clear none of us have a feel for the mindset of the FO currently.  Just 36 hours ago almost all of us would have laughed if some no-name suggested the FO was going to offer Vooch $100 million.  I don't think that we can automatically now just assume the plan is to trade Bamba.  The Vooch decision didn't follow what we as fans felt was the next logical step in the team's progression; so why should we assume the next domino will fall in that fashion?

For all we know they truly do think they can continue developing Bamba until he shows he's the starter, transition Vooch to the bench, and then trade him.  I don't agree with that mindset at all, but it's very possible they feel that way. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Were you watching the Magic last year?   We became a better team when Isaac came alive and Briscoe started playing more, Birch to a much lesser degree.  Your points were the exact same made about Isaac the year before.  Year 1 and Year 2 can be like night and day but only if you play.  Isaac went to 25 minutes per game in year 2 not because he proved it.  He grew into that position as the year progressed when given the opportunity.  Don't count on Mo's camp being understanding in playing second fiddle to Vuc for 4 years.  Way too much money at stake in not starting.  Magic better have this under cotnrol.  Hopefully the "milk toast" Magic reporters will have the intestinal fortitude to challenge the FO on this apparent change in philosophy by asking about Bamba's status.

Disagree. Isaac was much more promising in his rookie season than Mo was. He was more active, more engaged, and actually made a difference in our defense when he was there. Bamba didn't.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Because they have to move Wiggins so they can sign D. Russell.

But Fournier and Mozgov bring in immediate big cap #'s that would prevent that from happening, along with a massive loss in talent.