Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

I'm not even sure, if he has a good value on the trade market. What are you expecting in return?

Mo for Jaylen Brown makes sense for both teams

13 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Were we watching the same Mo? He had some ups, sure, but he was statistically one of the worst players in the entire league last year. We instantly became a better team when we replaced him with Birch in the rotation after he got hurt. He blocked shots, but most of these blocked shots were just due to his sheer length and he was able to get easy blocks. He had pretty bad defensive instincts. He camped out at the 3 point line way too much. He didn't exactly show the best hustle out there either...

Now I'm not saying that he can't become a great player (I think he will be great in a few years) but he is muuuuch further from being starting caliber than we all realize. He physically really isn't ready to handle anything more than 20 minutes a game. He can stay in a low pressure role for the time being, all while continuing to work hard and prove that he deserves more time. Putting him in a competitive environment for minutes will be better for his development.

I also imagine (or, at least hope) that WeltHam talked with Mo about what's going on moving forward, and that Mo understands/is eager to move forward. If they made this move without communicating with Mo's camp, then I'd be a little concerned. But I really don't think that this signing means the end for Mo here in Orlando.

Were you watching the Magic last year?   We became a better team when Isaac came alive and Briscoe started playing more, Birch to a much lesser degree.  Your points were the exact same made about Isaac the year before.  Year 1 and Year 2 can be like night and day but only if you play.  Isaac went to 25 minutes per game in year 2 not because he proved it.  He grew into that position as the year progressed when given the opportunity.  Don't count on Mo's camp being understanding in playing second fiddle to Vuc for 4 years.  Way too much money at stake in not starting.  Magic better have this under cotnrol.  Hopefully the "milk toast" Magic reporters will have the intestinal fortitude to challenge the FO on this apparent change in philosophy by asking about Bamba's status.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Why should Boston do this trade?

Because Brown is a backup they need to resign next year, the starter makes 30 million, they have 1 center on their roster, and they really like Mo. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Because Brown is a backup they need to resign next year, the starter makes 30 million, they have 1 center on their roster, and they really like Mo. 

Brown will not be a back-up going into next season and good luck screwing Danny Ainge.

Just now, UEBERMORTAL said:

Brown will not be a back-up going into next season and good luck screwing Danny Ainge.

Whose spot is he taking?

11 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

I don’t think trading them Mo, a young 7 foot plus 3 point shooting big with athleticism who moves well for Jaylen Brown is screwing them.

We actually could be screwing ourselves.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t think trading them Mo, a 7 foot plus 3 point shooting big with athleticism who moves well for Jaylen Brown is screwing them.

Never negociate with Danny Ainge, you will always be on the losing end.

• Upvote 1

If we trade Bamba for Brown we’d officially be a joke. 

If Bamba does get traded (which kills me because I love Bamba) it better be for a good proven scorer or a young guy who has just as much potential. Like a Gary Harris or Jamal Murray type (not those guys I know neither are happening just that mold). 

Trading Bamba now has Oladipo written all over it. 

• Upvote 1