Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Why was Bamba selected instead of a guard like Gilgeous-Alexander with management knowing Vucevic could possibly stay long-term in a year? His value is now capped at whatever he can generate from 16 MPG playing alongside bench guards. Other teams can just low-ball us knowing he'll have to be moved eventually.

Complete mismanagement of an asset.

I'm pretty sure if they knew Vuc would be an all-star, they would've gone a different route. **** happens. And reading through some tea leaves, bamba was more of a project than they anticipated (that why you should work guys out). 

They better hope Fultz gets back on track. 

9 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Why was Bamba selected instead of a guard like Gilgeous-Alexander with management knowing Vucevic could possibly stay long-term in a year? His value is now capped at whatever he can generate from 16 MPG playing alongside bench guards. Other teams can just low-ball us knowing he'll have to be moved eventually.

Yeah, we are going to get nothing good for him. He'll play 16 minutes with a weak bench, he'll be unhappy and unmotivated so will put up average numbers. We'll get lowballed all season until we finally give up on him because his camp will push it, maybe even to the point where they demand a trade. Rubbish from the FO, I expected better. 

8 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Because management was duped by Vuc when he upped his play in a contract year (second time he’s done this for those keeping count at home). 

I officially could give 2 ****s about this regime now. They already have shown they have no clue how to handle draft picks. I like Bamba and JI but outside of those 2 then seem to mishandle the later picks constantly. Drafts flatten out. I’m done with these clowns. 

So they had a magic number they wouldn’t go a dollar over. And that magic number was 100 million? Seriously, ***** those guys. I’m not even hating on Vuc. Good for him. He should get every penny he can get. But I really never thought we would ever sign him to something this big and that many years. Shocking. 

1 minute ago, The Boss said:

Yeah, we are going to get nothing good for him. He'll play 16 minutes with a weak bench, he'll be unhappy and unmotivated so will put up average numbers. We'll get lowballed all season until we finally give up on him because his camp will push it, maybe even to the point where they demand a trade. Rubbish from the FO, I expected better. 

Same. I expected more. This is literally a Rob Hennigan contract. But what makes this more frustrating is we were literally so close to having all these 4 year overspends off the books. Now here we are again. I’m completely done with those 2. 

I remember freaking out when we traded Vic, but talking myself into it a bit. Not sure I’ll be able to do that with this, gonna be a long 4 years unless one of our guys break out (Fultz, JI). 

Back to being a laughing stock of the league. Already got buddies sending me tweets and taking the piss. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

So they had a magic number they wouldn’t go a dollar over. And that magic number was 100 million? 

Haha yep, was just thinking that. I just don't understand how seemingly smart people could think that locking him into 100m over 4 years isn't an overspend, a really big overspend.