Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

I’ll lol if we trade for Wiggins and re-sign Vooch. Why? Because they would be two highly overpaid underperforming players that would keep us from building a legitimate contender for years. It would be a total Henny move. 

14 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Do we think we’ve truly capped out at this point though? I think Isaac / Gordon can still make big strides this season, as they have each of the last 2. Bamba and Fultz both have potential but time is still uncertain on their time tables. 

What I don’t want is us rushing the process as we did before when we had Oladipo, Harris, and Harkless. 

If we sign Vuc to that contract we're capped out. This is pretty much our team absent trades. 

31 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ll lol if we trade for Wiggins and re-sign Vooch. Why? Because they would be two highly overpaid underperforming players that would keep us from building a legitimate contender for years. It would be a total Henny move. 

If we resign Vuc we're already there. Might as well lean into it and try to increase our ceiling. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If Wiggins is being traded (seems like he is) he's not going to a top 10 team. They already have the top talent so it doesn't make sense for them to take the risk. 

He's not going to a tanking team. They're interested in taking short term bad contracts, not looking at being saddled with a bad contract for 4 years. 

He's not going to a team looking to use cap space this summer. 

He's going to draw interest from teams stuck in the middle who are good but lack elite talent and who don't have cap room. 

He's going to get traded to the magic, Detroit, Miami, or maaaaaybe Indiana with the type of team they have and with oladipo's injury. 

Also probably Cleveland because they're dumb and don't know what they want to be. 

Bingo, he was drafted by Cleveland and using Smith's contract combined with someone else can give the wolves Cap space.

Mystery solved, next puzzle please.