Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

When you come from a country where football (soccer) is a life basically you have the mindset that you follow your team no matter what. Through thick and thin, ups and downs the lot. 

I've supported the same soccer team since I was 5. We've been through it all. I wouldn't change them for anything. Same goes for the Magic. 

Not any of us are experts at all on here. But I can say with confidence that our franchise is gonna be more than fine. 

Lets let management do their jobs ..and see how it plays out. 

I mean it’s good to be positive like you are I can respect that. But like I said when you grow up in Orlando and see the team make the same mistakes for 20+ years it just gets tiring. I’ll always love the magic it’s in my blood I couldn’t stop being a fan even if I wanted to. I just pull back on my commitment level. Like this move isn’t good for us. It’s just not. There’s so many things wrong with it. Yes, we will be alright—but that’s the issue we are once again locked in to being alright. 

Im still holding out hope. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Guys,relax. I wish our management was Morey,Presti or Masai. The last 5 to 10 years many have said these guys were at the forefront. Only Masai has the ring but i've always been impressed by the other two. They spot talent, they aren't afraid to make a mistake, they make moves!

But fellas, it's 90 million dollars. This isn't Biyombo all over again.I am on the side that knew Elfrid,Vooch and Fournier weren't taking us anywhere. We all saw mediocrity. Vucevic will age well, he is an asset. While other franchises are throwing 100 million plus contracts at guys who did things in the past, i'm sure he will be good in the future.

Why am i so sure? He always was the most consistent player the whole rebuild. Even Oladipo has only had one good year!. SO.........R.E.L.A.X. 

I hated the same guys you did the whole rebuild. Vooch will be the same guy the whole 4 years. If Evan can have a rebound year and even one of our guys break out we are good! After the draft i had a revelation, they have a plan! So lets not be disgusted by resigning our all-star to less then 100 million. Lets move forward, and wait for the big move.

It's coming within a year or two.

Edit: if the contract holds it's not a star contract. Look around after the week, all the stars will be getting 140- 180 million.

Heck look at the contracts for Lowry, Derozan and Ibaka. None of them were really at the level they are getting paid yet each in his own way paved the way for a ring!

So explain how the big move will ever occur expecially in a year or two.  If  4 year $90 million is true that is  a $22.5 million average.  All this year's money gone for the next 4 years. Next year, in theory,  $24 million comes off the books (Mozgov and Augustine)  Each year anyone on the rookie scale goes up eating some of that money so Isaac, Bamba, Fultz, Okeke plus add next year's lottery pick (assumption only) Iwundu, and Frazier and you are probably far south of $20 million.  Following year Fournier's $17 million comes off the books but Fultz and Isaac get qualifying offers and  reach restricted FA status eating that money up and possibly much more.  How come we can never get a max free agent money slot.  Easy answer...bad contracts ala Biz and Fournier (wrong guard).  This is the time not to pull a Hennigan and panic.  Worse is the insult to Bamba. your #6 pick last year, your center of the future supposedly?  That is a real confidence booster, don't you think?  What a PR nightmare that could turn out to be.  If you are his agent would you be asking for/demanding a trade?  4 years for Vuc is a joke.

Edit--it is not a star contract because he is not a star.  Fake star.  Toronto playoff series proved that.  Lowry and Ibaka far outplayed Vuc's dismal performance.   No comparison.

Hopefully Weltham will make the right call, manage the money and get us a real star.

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I mean it’s good to be positive like you are I can respect that. But like I said when you grow up in Orlando and see the team make the same mistakes for 20+ years it just gets tiring. I’ll always love the magic it’s in my blood I couldn’t stop being a fan even if I wanted to. I just pull back on my commitment level. Like this move isn’t good for us. It’s just not. There’s so many things wrong with it. Yes, we will be alright—but that’s the issue we are once again locked in to being alright. 

Im still holding out hope. 

Believe it or not I don't mind him leaving at all. To be honest I'm in favour of him leaving. I think we will be fine either way. Internal improvement is going to be a massive key. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Come on Sacramento!

Yea If there’s 1 team that could jump in at the last minute and do something more dumb then we just did it’s the kings. 

6 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Horford really *****ed us over. The second he opted out, Vooch's market disappeared

Yet we still sign him for 4 years and over 90 million? 

Like i feared all a long were out here bidding against ourselves. 

IMO if management DID leak this it's so other teams (Kings) can come back and offer him $110M. We can then say we were too far apart with no hard feelings. Vuc wins, we win, Bamba wins, and the fans are happy. 

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

IMO if management DID leak this it's so other teams (Kings) can come back and offer him $110M. We can then say we were too far apart with no hard feelings. Vuc wins, we win, Bamba wins, and the fans are happy. 

Yeah but if they don't offer it we will have to give him the leaked 90m deal. That's way too risky of a move in hope to make us look better for letting him go. If you don't want him, have the balls to just let him go. Sell the athletic, uptempo basketball we want to play and that Vuc doesn't work for us.