Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

They’ *****ing stupid if they resign Vuc to that.

Yea and the more I think about it the more I don’t think it’s true. Maybe I spent the past 2 hours ramming my head into a wall for no reason. I just can’t possibly see Ham and Welt being this nearsighted. It’s against everything they’ve said. 

• Upvote 1

I live in Australia and have been a mad magic fan all of my life. If this 4 year contract with Vooch is for real then I’m out, i have been so angry watching him and Evan last four years. I won’t be able to take any more. Hoping it doesn’t come to this. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Yea and the more I think about it the more I don’t think it’s true. Maybe I spent the past 2 hours ramming my head into a wall for no reason. I just can’t possibly see Ham and Welt being this nearsighted. It’s against everything they’ve said. 

This might not be just Weham. “Only all star? Center? You know how bad that might look? We need to keep him. Facebook likes and stuff.” I can see upper echelon thinking this way.

I really don’t like FA anymore. Get this, Magic Johnson who stepped down, will meet with Leonard’s “camp”. The ***** for?!

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Jaylen Brown

Fultz/Brown/Isaac/Gordon would be a ton of fun, especially on D, but Vooch doesn’t fit with that group at all in terms of maximizing their playing styles. If Bamba for Brown is a trade that’s actually on the table, I take it and run with it, even if we let Vooch walk.

My thing is.... WeltHam have talked and shown their team building philosophy as the one where you build a team full of players that are long, can defend multiple positions and can switch without causing obvious mismatches. That was the rationale in drafting Bamba— crazy long and athletic center that turns ordinary mismatches on bad switches into a more even defensive match up, along with being a great shot blocker and potential stretch 5 in theory. Vuc is absolutely a defensive mismatch on switches, and that was shown versus Toronto, while being pretty close to a negative throughout the series.

It just doesn’t make sense for their philosophy. It makes me wonder if Clifford is the one pushing for this and WeltHam are more or less acquiescing, but that’s just speculation on my part.

Guys,relax. I wish our management was Morey,Presti or Masai. The last 5 to 10 years many have said these guys were at the forefront. Only Masai has the ring but i've always been impressed by the other two. They spot talent, they aren't afraid to make a mistake, they make moves!

But fellas, it's 90 million dollars. This isn't Biyombo all over again.I am on the side that knew Elfrid,Vooch and Fournier weren't taking us anywhere. We all saw mediocrity. Vucevic will age well, he is an asset. While other franchises are throwing 100 million plus contracts at guys who did things in the past, i'm sure he will be good in the future.

Why am i so sure? He always was the most consistent player the whole rebuild. Even Oladipo has only had one good year!. SO.........R.E.L.A.X. 

I hated the same guys you did the whole rebuild. Vooch will be the same guy the whole 4 years. If Evan can have a rebound year and even one of our guys break out we are good! After the draft i had a revelation, they have a plan! So lets not be disgusted by resigning our all-star to less then 100 million. Lets move forward, and wait for the big move.

It's coming within a year or two.

Edit: if the contract holds it's not a star contract. Look around after the week, all the stars will be getting 140- 180 million.

Heck look at the contracts for Lowry, Derozan and Ibaka. None of them were really at the level they are getting paid yet each in his own way paved the way for a ring!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Guys,relax. I wish our management was Morey,Presti or Masai. The last 5 to 10 years many have said these guys were at the forefront. Only Masai has the ring but i've always been impressed by the other two. They spot talent, they aren't afraid to make a mistake, they make moves!

But fellas, it's 90 million dollars. This isn't Biyombo all over again.I am on the side that knew Elfrid,Vooch and Fournier weren't taking us anywhere. We all saw mediocrity. Vucevic will age well, he is an asset. While other franchises are throwing 100 million plus contracts at guys who did things in the past, i'm sure he will be good in the future.

Why am i so sure? He always was the most consistent player the whole rebuild. Even Oladipo has only had one good year!. SO.........R.E.L.A.X. 

I hated the same guys you did the whole rebuild. Vooch will be the same guy the whole 4 years. If Evan can have a rebound year and even one of our guys break out we are good! After the draft i had a revelation, they have a plan! So lets not be disgusted by resigning our all-star to less then 100 million. Lets move forward, and wait for the big move.

It's coming within a year or two.

I

You're wrong... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1