Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

This is where teams mess up. He flat out did not live up to his last contract. So you pay him more per year, why? Because he might be paid by a team more dysfunctional?

The threat a losing players is strong in the NBA. 

4 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yes it is, 23 per is around what you would expect for the season he had. And Vooch is never going to take anything less than a 4 year deal. Anyone thinking he will take less years than that is stupid.

I don't care. It's a bad contract because he doesn't fit our overall philosophy, it's not a bargain, we have a replacement on the roster, center is the deepest position in the league, and our future finances are set up so that any 4 year deals are bad deals. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No it's not. 

I think (maybe it's wishful thinking) we're doing this as a favor to Vuc to set his market so he and his agent can go into other meetings with a baseline for negotiations. 

The "let's get the band back together" summer was going to be signing guys for 2 year deals or 3 years at worst because there's long term cap implications where we can't rebuild the team around Isaac and (hopefully) Fultz with a bunch of money on our books for '21 and '22. 

So 4 years to Vuc says it's a favor or weltman and Hammond are dumb and short sighted. 

*Fingers crossed*

Praying the FO is hoping everyone is saying “damn the Magic stepped up” and then we get outbid and walk away with a smirk on our faces that the public never sees

Yeah this is a gravy train, keep the ball rolling resign. At least Vucevic lived up to his contract, unlike my rant against Harrison Barnes, or our own Fournier.

This is not bad we keep everyone, Including Birch and Ross. If we stay healthy all these contracts can be moved. Right now it all depends on Fultz, Isaac,Bamba,Okeke or Gordon turning into an All-star. Ross,Vooch and Fournier are set in stone. We need one or two players to pop. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't care. It's a bad contract because he doesn't fit our overall philosophy, it's not a bargain, we have a replacement on the roster, center is the deepest position in the league, and our future finances are set up so that any 4 year deals are bad deals. 

To be honest, I think the FO would make it a priority and look to move him after the first two years of the contract are finished. But I have no doubt if he's on our roster this coming season it will be on a four year deal. If it's a descending deal and movable then that's the most important thing for me. They're not going to insult our longest tenured player that just had an all star appearance by offering a 2 year deal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, crisby pancakes said:

To be honest, I think the FO would make it a priority and look to move him after the first two years of the contract are finished. But I have no doubt if he's on our roster this coming season it will be on a four year deal. If it's a descending deal and movable then that's the most important thing for me. They're not going to insult our longest tenured player that ust had an all star appearance by offering a 2 year deal.

That contract isn't going to be movable

2 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

You don't know what the contract is so we will agree to disagree.

Correction... 

He is unmovable 

Just now, crisby pancakes said:

You don't know what the contract is so we will agree to disagree.

It's a 4/90ish contract. Increases and decreases are defined. The cheapest is could possibly be in year 3 isn't a movable contract (unless we're talking moving him for another bad contract)

We've been shopping him since the biyombo signing. He's not highly valued. Hopefully he is doing this summer of dumb spending and we get outbid but nobody is taking him from us and giving us something for him. 

• Upvote 1