Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Barnes at $22 a year is dumb. Doesn’t rule them out of the Vucevic sweepstakes though

Fox/Heild/Barnes/bagley/Vuc would be the best team they’ve had in years. I think they still go after him 

2 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

If it's a descending contract then that's actually pretty ok.

No it's not. 

I think (maybe it's wishful thinking) we're doing this as a favor to Vuc to set his market so he and his agent can go into other meetings with a baseline for negotiations. 

The "let's get the band back together" summer was going to be signing guys for 2 year deals or 3 years at worst because there's long term cap implications where we can't rebuild the team around Isaac and (hopefully) Fultz with a bunch of money on our books for '21 and '22. 

So 4 years to Vuc says it's a favor or weltman and Hammond are dumb and short sighted. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

No it's not. 

I think (maybe it's wishful thinking) we're doing this as a favor to Vuc to set his market so he and his agent can go into other meetings with a baseline for negotiations. 

The "let's get the band back together" summer was going to be signing guys for 2 year deals or 3 years at worst because there's long term cap implications where we can't rebuild the team around Isaac and (hopefully) Fultz with a bunch of money on our books for '21 and '22. 

So 4 years to Vuc says it's a favor or weltman and Hammond are dumb and short sighted. 

Yes it is, 23 per is around what you would expect for the season he had. And Vooch is never going to take anything less than a 4 year deal. Anyone thinking he will take less years than that is stupid.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

If it's a descending contract then that's actually pretty ok.

Yeah... say it’s a 4 year 5% descending contract that starts at 25 mill. 25/23.75/22.5/21.25. 4 year 92.5 mill

I still don’t like it at all, and I have no idea what it means for our future plans and Mo Bamba, but hell, I’ve been a Magic fan too long to have a personnel decision I disagree with take me out of the game now.

1 minute ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yes it is, 23 per is around what you would expect for the season he had. And Vooch is never going to take anything less than a 4 year deal. Anyone thinking he will take less years than that is stupid.

He can’t take 4 years if it isn’t on the table...