Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

What will make Satoransky's market interesting, though, is the fact there are some much bigger names available at his position. At point guard, teams with the most money can go after All-Stars like Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving and D'Angelo Russell. There is then a robust second tier that includes Malcolm Brogdon, Terry Rozier and Ricky Rubio. Then you have Derrick Rose, Elfrid Payton, Patrick Beverley, Darren Collison and Rajon Rondo.

It is a great year to be a free agent, but maybe not the best year to be a free agent point guard. The position class is absolutely loaded.

Satoransky, though, will still draw plenty of interest and among the teams expected to check in on him are the Mavericks, Pacers, Magic and Celtics, NBC Sports Washington has learned.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/tomas-satoransky-set-enter-unpredictable-free-agent-market-point-guards

seems like we're linked to a lot of pg's

33 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

You wanted every one of his assists from 17-18?

1) What technology platform do you have at your disposal to do that? 

2) What kind of spare time do you have?? lol 

There was only 232. The NBA stats page has video playlists of statistics cut into 10 second clips. 

So it only took like 35 minutes. 

Also I have a really boring job with tasks that have flexible due dates so I procrastinate a ton. 

Yesterday I spent like 90 minutes doing this:

That's tweet 1 of a 22 tweet chain of "why we shouldn't bring back vucevic" with supporting facts. 

35 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Satoransky would be a really smart pickup because he can play 3 positions depending on what you need. So if Fultz never plays he's a great backup point guard. If Fultz is a star he can be your backup 2/3 as he's a great floor spacer. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Satoransky would be a really smart pickup because he can play 3 positions depending on what you need. So if Fultz never plays he's a great backup point guard. If Fultz is a star he can be your backup 2/3 as he's a great floor spacer. 

Yeah of be really happy if we got him 

• Upvote 1

It is easy to get caught up in the minutiae of free agency but I love the future of this team.  The FO has put together a core nucleus that will be exciting to watch develop.  If everyone we have can overcome their injuries we will be on our way to have a roster that will be  able to compete in today's NBA (athleticism, length, and the potential for good shooting).  Biggest need is  better shooting and someone or two who can create but I could see that in Fultz, Isaac, and maybe even Okeke.  If we do not resign Ross (I vaccilate on Ross) or Vuc (bye bye I hope) we may take a step back (maybe not).  Good news there is that next year's draft is heavily guard oriented.  No matter what we do  this summer I can't wait for the following year when we will have Fultz healthy (hopefully), a drafted guard, a FA or two (since we will have money), Okeke, Isaac, Gordon, and Bamba with Iwundu and Frazier (hopefully) helping.  Not hard to envision that kind of roster being a force in the conference.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I do like the idea of making a run at Satoransky, he does strike me as a WeltHam kind of player, and on a positive note, Washington has some tough calls to make this off-season, as far as their free agents and the cap goes. They are probably going to lose Trevor Ariza, and I'm not sure that if will try to keep Jabari Parker or not. Those two guys made a lot of money last year, and Parker is looking for a raise on his $20M from last year. They have five RFA's this summer, if they make the qualifying offer to all of them - Sam Dekker, Bobby Portis, Tomas Satoransky, Thomas Bryant, and Chasson Randle. I don't see a way for them to keep them all, especially with the moves they have already made bringing in guys from Philly and LAL. 

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I do like the idea of making a run at Satoransky, he does strike me as a WeltHam kind of player, and on a positive note, Washington has some tough calls to make this off-season, as far as their free agents and the cap goes. They are probably going to lose Trevor Ariza, and I'm not sure that if will try to keep Jabari Parker or not. Those two guys made a lot of money last year, and Parker is looking for a raise on his $20M from last year. They have five RFA's this summer, if they make the qualifying offer to all of them - Sam Dekker, Bobby Portis, Tomas Satoransky, Thomas Bryant, and Chasson Randle. I don't see a way for them to keep them all, especially with the moves they have already made bringing in guys from Philly and LAL. 

I think parker is an unrestricted free agent this summer

Now, we’re approaching do-or-die time for Cleveland to find a deal, or be forced to waive Smith themselves. That’s because if the streaky 2-guard isn’t released by June 30, then his $15.7 million contract becomes fully guaranteed; if he is released by then, teams only have to pay $3.9 million in dead money next season.

The Cavaliers would rather deal him than just outright release him because they believe they can pick up a premium asset in a Smith deal, since they would be willing to take on bad future salary in such a trade. For a rebuilding team like Cleveland, amassing assets is key.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/27/nba-trade-rumor-rankings-beal-smith-josh-jackson-chris-paul-ntilikina/

only 2 more days for someone to dump salary in a JR Smith trade

39 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I’m surprised he wasn’t used to get them an additional pick this year. Maybe they’re trying to use him to unload Kevin Love, but that would be a ton of salary outgoing to have to match