Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I feel like if Fultz becomes all star quality then hes also gonna be superstar quality as he has the physical gifts to dominate 

We think alike and I like the odds of it occurring.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

So how is depleting (giving away) your roster any different than tanking to get the player/players you want.  But this is the LA "tanking/tampering" Lakers, the darling of the NBA (right!).  Waving your $4 million trade kicker to get to max space should be outlawed.  Silver in the pockets of the big NBA franchises and does little (should at least use his bully pulpit) to reign in the big city boys.  Small and medium franchises are not playing the same game.  Totally unfair.  So I am, once again, rooting for the Magic AND anyone playing the "tampering/tanking/cheating" Lakers

42 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

So how is depleting (giving away) your roster any different than tanking to get the player/players you want.  But this is the LA "tanking/tampering" Lakers, the darling of the NBA (right!).  Waving your $4 million trade kicker to get to max space should be outlawed.  Silver in the pockets of the big NBA franchises and does little (should at least use his bully pulpit) to reign in the big city boys.  Small and medium franchises are not playing the same game.  Totally unfair.  So I am, once again, rooting for the Magic AND anyone playing the "tampering/tanking/cheating" Lakers

What is the Lakers depth going to look like? Geesh.

Lakers will be fine. They will pay the luxury tax no problem whatsoever also. 

As it stands I believe the roster is 

LeBron.. AD..Kuzma.. Horton-Tucker.

Did I miss anybody?

Tyson chandler? Rondo?

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Lakers will be fine. They will pay the luxury tax no problem whatsoever also. 

As it stands I believe the roster is 

LeBron.. AD..Kuzma.. Horton-Tucker.

Did I miss anybody?

Tyson chandler? Rondo?

Nope, you got em all. Rondo and Chandler are UFAs. And they’re still paying Luol Deng. 

11 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Nope, you got em all. Rondo and Chandler are UFAs. And they’re still paying Luol Deng. 

Gonna be interesting to see what route they take. They will get a lot of minimum vet deals etc etc. People will want to play with LeBron and AD easily. 

To be honest who cares ... Lol

So a name that hasn't been brought up in a while and a guy I was interested in thinking ahead to this summer is Terry Rozier. I know he had a strange year but I still see him as a guy that a) is sort of under the radar and that we could likely afford, b) fits the mold of our FO, c) could thrive in a new situation.  Any thoughts?

Just now, magicblue said:

So a name that hasn't been brought up in a while and a guy I was interested in thinking ahead to this summer is Terry Rozier. I know he had a strange year but I still see him as a guy that a) is sort of under the radar and that we could likely afford, b) fits the mold of our FO, c) could thrive in a new situation.  Any thoughts?

Only as a backup. He can't play starting point guard because he can't pass. 

I was really on team trade for him a year ago. Someone complained about his passing so I went back and watched every one of his assists from the 17-18 season. 

It's really bad. He had decent assist numbers but all but a handful of them were ball movement assists (i.e. Rozier is on the wing and he swings it to the corner for an open 3). Almost none were "point guard assists" where he found a cutter or passed a guy open or threw a one handed skip pass to the opposite corner. 

Beyond that, his most effective offense was catch and shoot threes, attacking closeouts, and coming off screens. Wasn't a good pick and roll player or pull up shooter. 

So he's kind of a shooting guard that can dribble and defend point guards. Not the worst thing. He can play next to Fultz. Wouldn't be a bad signing as long as we're not expecting him to run the offense and he understands what he is. But he's probably going to get overpaid by the Knicks

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I was really on team trade for him a year ago. Someone complained about his passing so I went back and watched every one of his assists from the 17-18 season. 

It's really bad. He had decent assist numbers but all but a handful of them were ball movement assists (i.e. Rozier is on the wing and he swings it to the corner for an open 3). Almost none were "point guard assists" where he found a cutter or passed a guy open or threw a one handed skip pass to the opposite corner. 

Beyond that, his most effective offense was catch and shoot threes, attacking closeouts, and coming off screens. Wasn't a good pick and roll player or pull up shooter. 

So he's kind of a shooting guard that can dribble and defend point guards. Not the worst thing. He can play next to Fultz. Wouldn't be a bad signing as long as we're not expecting him to run the offense and he understands what he is. But he's probably going to get overpaid by the Knicks

I’m not sure why the Knicks are going to overpay for 2nd tier guys rather than develop their own if they strike out on KD and Kyrie. Kemba makes some sense of you get kd too, Rozier not so much. 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's difficult to do that because

-byc rules come into play when you double vucevic's salary

-Boston would be operating as an over the cap team so they'd have to match vucevic's salary by adding in another 10 million ish to the trade (which is basically limited to just smart)

-Boston loves brown. 

Soooooo let's make this happen. Call Simmons and negotiate as our fan GM. He's ready. 

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You wanted every one of his assists from 17-18?

1) What technology platform do you have at your disposal to do that? 

2) What kind of spare time do you have?? lol