Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:
Sorry couldn’t shrink it it, but you got the idea. Vooch for Rozier and Brown. Probably won’t work with new salary. 
This Trade is Successful!

Boston Celtics

Over Tax Line

Cap Room

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
6478.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • C
  •  
orl.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true

Acquiring 1 Player

$NaN

Orlando Magic

Over Tax Line

-$7,712,692

Cap Room

-$13,310,462

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
3074752.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • PG
  •  
bos.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true
3917376.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • SG
  •  
bos.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true

Acquiring 2 Players

$NaN

This doesn't make sense for Boston at all. 

Anyone interested in Jeremy Lamb? If we lose Vuch is it possible we reunite with Dedmon? 

Trying to change the subject as all the talk about guys we have *****ed about  for years is wearing me down.

I would be very disappointed if we sign Vuc to a 5 year deal. I love his offense but hate his defense even more. The only way I can see us doing this is if we have a great offer for Bamba on the table that will net us a key player and some kind of pick, or maybe Bamba and Fournier for a more consistent SG. You just can't draft a center with a lot of potential and then bury him on the bench for 6 years. 

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t know man, I can’t get the thought out of my head that Vooch is just a modern version of Golden State David Lee... I also don’t buy any leaks coming out about the Magic talks with Vucevic. Weltman keeps the seal so tight that it’s all just speculation 

I'm not at all saying there is any truth to the rumors. Just saying the resigning would make sense on an inverse contract. 

25 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Eric Gordon would be a nice vet to get

Are we just assuming Ross is gone at this point? Haven't heard a peep about him.

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm not at all saying there is any truth to the rumors. Just saying the resigning would make sense on an inverse contract. 

Yeah, a tradeable contract similar to what AG signed for last year, I agree with you if we sign him for longer than 2 years it’ll have those parameters, just don’t think it’ll happen. I’m really thinking the Kings are all in on him and gonna offer him a 4 year max

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would be very disappointed if we sign Vuc to a 5 year deal. I love his offense but hate his defense even more. The only way I can see us doing this is if we have a great offer for Bamba on the table that will net us a key player and some kind of pick, or maybe Bamba and Fournier for a more consistent SG. You just can't draft a center with a lot of potential and then bury him on the bench for 6 years. 

Well said.  Saying a #6 pick needs more  time after his rookie year to develop is ludicrous.  If he cannot play in year 2, not necessarily an all star season needed, a mistake has been made.  You don't learn on the bench.  If we have Bamba and Birch that is a good enough start.   Just think of Vuc vs Toronto.  I rest my case.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Well said.  Saying a #6 pick needs more  time after his rookie year to develop is ludicrous.  If he cannot play in year 2, not necessarily an all star season needed, a mistake has been made.  You don't learn on the bench.  If we have Bamba and Birch that is a good enough start.   Just think of Vuc vs Toronto.  I rest my case.

I don't know. 

Bamba basically had the exact same rookie season as any high end defensive minded center over the past 30 years. 

Bogut, Chandler, Drummond, ibaka, Adams, gobert, Camby, Dalembert, mutombo were all ready to start by the midpoint of their second season

DeAndre Jordan, Nurkic, capela, Ratliff, Wallace, Rollins were not ready. 

• Upvote 1

If you give Vuc a long term deal (3+ years), and he goes back to the Vuc we know (which I think he will), then he will not be tradeable. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Are we just assuming Ross is gone at this point? Haven't heard a peep about him.

There's a version of free agency where teams in win now mode miss on top free agents and decide to throw a bunch of money on floor spacers and scorers