Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

If Fultz can get back to what he was projected to be this season it completely changes my opinion on keeping Vuc. At the moment I'm kind of in favour of reluctantly keeping Vuc if the money is right and the years not too long. If we think Fultz will be a high quality starter all season I let Vuc go no matter what. I'm mostly worried about who's going to put the ball in the basket next season and I don't have a lot of faith in this team being able to score the ball consistently without Vuc unless some guys like Isaac, Bamba and maybe even Iwundu take big jumps in development. 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If Fultz can get back to what he was projected to be this season it completely changes my opinion on keeping Vuc. At the moment I'm kind of in favour of reluctantly keeping Vuc if the money is right and the years not too long. If we think Fultz will be a high quality starter all season I let Vuc go no matter what. I'm mostly worried about who's going to put the ball in the basket next season and I don't have a lot of faith in this team being able to score the ball consistently without Vuc unless some guys like Isaac, Bamba and maybe even Iwundu take big jumps in development. 

Wait til free agency starts. It will change your whole opinion in the matter once we see our new players. Not to mention potential trades. I know they are doing their work on finding options and I don't think the sign and trade option with vooch might not be entirely off the table.

Sorry couldn’t shrink it it, but you got the idea. Vooch for Rozier and Brown. Probably won’t work with new salary. 
This Trade is Successful!

Boston Celtics

Over Tax Line

Cap Room

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
6478.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • C
  •  
orl.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true

Acquiring 1 Player

$NaN

Orlando Magic

Over Tax Line

-$7,712,692

Cap Room

-$13,310,462

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
3074752.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • PG
  •  
bos.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true
3917376.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • SG
  •  

Acquiring 2 Players

$NaN

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:
Sorry couldn’t shrink it it, but you got the idea. Vooch for Rozier and Brown
This Trade is Successful!

Boston Celtics

Over Tax Line

Cap Room

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
6478.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • C
  •  
orl.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true

Acquiring 1 Player

$NaN

Orlando Magic

Over Tax Line

-$7,712,692

Cap Room

-$13,310,462

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
3074752.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • PG
  •  
3917376.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
  • SG
  •  

Acquiring 2 Players

$NaN

Would love this trade but can’t fathom Boston doing it

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Wow... does that mean we give up on Bamba? or structure a decline deal to trade in a year or 2

I truly believe that the deal will be structured so that Vuc will be movable if Bamba shows a vast improvement - makes more sense for Bamba to prove his worth before letting loose of Vuc!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Notguilty said:

I truly believe that the deal will be structured so that Vuc will be movable if Bamba shows a vast improvement - makes more sense for Bamba to prove his worth before letting loose of Vuc!

If indeed we do resign Vuc to a 5 yr contract - a lot can happen in a week or two!

15 minutes ago, Notguilty said:

Greg Swartz and Woz via bleacherreport predicting Vuc fa destination “stays on Magic on a 5 yr deal”

No way in hell we give Vucevic a 5 year deal

30 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No way in hell we give Vucevic a 5 year deal

We've never really attracted big FA signings. If we're going to get good, it will be because Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, Fultz, and Okeke all develop.

In my mind, Vuc helps keep us competitive as that time grows. Because we aren't signing any big-name FA's and don't have a lot of cap to sign someone better fit for this team, I could see a slide scale deal that is ballooned this year and slowly gets smaller - and more trade-friendly - as Vuc becomes less effective or less involved depending on development. 

None of us believe Vuc is an All-Star who will takes us even into Round #2, but he could be a solid role player (and good locker room guy) on a winning team with explosive, young talent - which we should be in 1-2 years. 

16 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

We've never really attracted big FA signings. If we're going to get good, it will be because Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, Fultz, and Okeke all develop.

In my mind, Vuc helps keep us competitive as that time grows. Because we aren't signing any big-name FA's and don't have a lot of cap to sign someone better fit for this team, I could see a slide scale deal that is ballooned this year and slowly gets smaller - and more trade-friendly - as Vuc becomes less effective or less involved depending on development. 

None of us believe Vuc is an All-Star who will takes us even into Round #2, but he could be a solid role player (and good locker room guy) on a winning team with explosive, young talent - which we should be in 1-2 years. 

I don’t know man, I can’t get the thought out of my head that Vooch is just a modern version of Golden State David Lee... I also don’t buy any leaks coming out about the Magic talks with Vucevic. Weltman keeps the seal so tight that it’s all just speculation