Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Is Frazier worth continuing to develop in the first place?  I don't really see the appeal.  He doesn't seem like an NBA player to me, although I get that it's early.

He didn't get enough minutes to really judge one way or the other

His most memorable moment was a really fun 3 minutes against Milwaukee in garbage time. 

Can he shoot? I don't know. He went 3 months between his first and second three point attempt.

Can he defend? I don't know. He never had anyone to defend. 

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Who knows...I know with TOS you can still dunk, you can still lift, you can still do things but when that nerve is messing with you, hands are tingling, it can give you fits in some other things.

I haven’t been clinically diagnosed with it, starting to think it may be Carple Tunnel so I’m not 100 percent sure if I can relate but days that my hands are tingling, it’s a freaking nuisance just to have my hand on the steering wheel. Constant stretching and fascia relief, etc.  

You need to get some ergonomic stuff

14 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Who knows...I know with TOS you can still dunk, you can still lift, you can still do things but when that nerve is messing with you, hands are tingling, it can give you fits in some other things.

I haven’t been clinically diagnosed with it, starting to think it may be Carple Tunnel so I’m not 100 percent sure if I can relate but days that my hands are tingling, it’s a freaking nuisance just to have my hand on the steering wheel. Constant stretching and fascia relief, etc.  

I’ve seen swing hiccups cause years worth of mental blocks for golf and baseball players, it happens. I even thought it had to be yips for Fultz too. But he was diagnosed with something I am not familiar with so If ah e to either become and expert or stay quiet about it being psychosomatic. 

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You need to get some ergonomic stuff

I know but I’d like to know what exactly it is. Carpel or TOS. I did the backhand together hold for 60 seconds which in 30 seconds my hands were buzzing which is why I think it may be onset of carpel but when my chiropractor does active release on my pecs I feel my whole arm buzzing which is that nerve that affects TOS so IDk.

Plus my job doesn’t really offer ergonomics which when I started there is when this happened.

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He didn't get enough minutes to really judge one way or the other

His most memorable moment was a really fun 3 minutes against Milwaukee in garbage time. 

Can he shoot? I don't know. He went 3 months between his first and second three point attempt.

Can he defend? I don't know. He never had anyone to defend. 

Additionally in the g-league he was right on that line of just productive enough to not be down on him but not productive enough to use it as evidence he's worth developing. Some good stuff. Some bad stuff. Had a 6 game stretch in January where he hit 12 threes in a row. I don't know

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Additionally in the g-league he was right on that line of just productive enough to not be down on him but not productive enough to use it as evidence he's worth developing. Some good stuff. Some bad stuff. Had a 6 game stretch in January where he hit 12 threes in a row. I don't know

It may just be that with Ross and Iwundu coming in as wing backups that he just wasn't good enough to earn minutes/displace one of them; but that he was sufficiently valuable in practice/as a potential if someone was injured to keep. We will see. 

2 hours ago, HeartAndHustle said:

I'll worried about Bamba. Since his injury was with his leg, I assume most of his weight gain is upper body. That's even more weight for his legs to support, so I really fear more injury for him.

What do you all think? Are my fears unfounded?

I think your fears are unfounded.  Injuries are a part of the game and the NBA is a grueling season.  I am sure the trainers are working on his entire body to minimize risk.  I think it is good news that he is listed on the summer league roster and hope we can see how he has progressed.  I remember Isaac, last summer,  just showed how much more comfortable he was and looked how that turned out for us.  Hope to see that growth in Bamba.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Positive he's on the court at least. I sincerely hope that he comes back able to play for a long long time and a high level