Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just now, JJZFL said:

I'm not a big fan of Vuch either but I'd be careful with the taking steps back idea.  I think history has shown us that it's a lot harder than you think to recover that ground that you gave up.

At this point, there is no guarantee Bamba is going to be good enough to be our long term starting center.  I hope it happens, time will tell.

The thing is, the way the center position is these days if Bamba isn't the long term guy it's extremely easy to fill that spot with an unremarkable but ultimately positive player. 

In fact, if it's time for Bamba to be resigned and we don't see him as potentially a top 10 center we shouldn't resign him. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I’m big on the trade for derozan narrative if that’s a real thing 

It's real in the sense that the Spurs could explore moving him. Everything else is speculative

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I'm not a big fan of Vuch either but I'd be careful with the taking steps back idea.  I think history has shown us that it's a lot harder than you think to recover that ground that you gave up.

At this point, there is no guarantee Bamba is going to be good enough to be our long term starting center.  I hope it happens, time will tell.

Eeehhhh replacing solid scoring inefficient offense can be replaced just by dropping the inefficiency. 

I know everyone has become pretty comfortable with Vuch but we have to stop being so scared to let him go.

Shiny trash is still trash.  

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, LaVar said:

if we dont offer him at least 20 mil a year. He walks. He was an allstar. evan and gordon make $17 mil and $19 mil and they have not been as productive as vuc. again, vuc is our first allstar since the days of d. howard. 

Bye bye.  Did you watch the playoffs.  He is not an All Star and is probably why his stock has fallen.  All Stars don't play like that.  

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The thing is, the way the center position is these days if Bamba isn't the long term guy it's extremely easy to fill that spot with an unremarkable but ultimately positive player. 

In fact, if it's time for Bamba to be resigned and we don't see him as potentially a top 10 center we shouldn't resign him. 

Agree totally and the sooner we find out the better.   I am optimistic because I thought Bamba flashed signs of what he could do this past year before his injury.  We saw the strides Isaac made in year 2 so perhaps Bamba can do the same.  Put in the hard work this summer and let's see.  Not going to find out limiting his minutes.  

With that summer league team the onus is on Bamba to step up and be the best player that he is on paper. I quite like that. Hoping Jeffries impresses too. Don't have high hopes for anybody else really. You can clearly tell what kind of team we want to be even in Summer league our shortest guy is 6'2 and there are like 12 guys taller than 6'5.

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

This.

Also,  sometimes there's simply no ground to recover, as losing one player create a change of style that benefit other players and other aspects of the game (in our case: defense, ball movement, etc) Just ask the Raptors, their current cycle has actually started in the moment they traded Rudy Gay (another empty stats player at that time). They thought: "maybe we're going to bottom out one year", but they were actually better after the loss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1