Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

53 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Spot on. I was diagnosed with TOS two weeks ago. I had sharp pain in my shoulder that shot down my arm and felt like I had torn a ligament in my thumb. Doing a lot of physical therapy to relearn correct motions in how to lift, paddleboard, etc.

Damn, get well, man. Hope you recover 100%.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Rose kind of brings a mess with him

Are you referring to his diva personality? We need an alpha so I'm fine with it so long as his play is adequate enough. 

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Are you referring to his diva personality? We need an alpha so I'm fine with it so long as his play is adequate enough. 

No. I'm talking about his fans who will flood the message board and make us miserable

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. I'm talking about his fans who will flood the message board and make us miserable

Oh...lol. That's a small price to pay. I'd be willing to give it a go. Any idea how much he will command?

24 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Oh...lol. That's a small price to pay. I'd be willing to give it a go. Any idea how much he will command?

No clue. I could see him getting ridiculous money. I could see him getting like 6 million on a 1 year deal. 

Man.. i am on a cruise in the baltic sea and payed the hefty fee for the internet  service so I can keep up  with  the free agency coming july1st. The internet is not fast enough to surf the internet for news,  So I keep it on this website and go for the refresh button constantly.  Looking forward.  

Btw. 6 hours of difference

Last, but not least, is the question of All-Star center Vucevic, who has long been reported, including by The News, as a likely Mavericks free-agent target. Sources, however, now tell The News that while the Mavericks see Vucevic as a viable fit alongside Kristaps Porzingis, Vucevic is seeking a starting salary of $25 million and thus is out of Dallas' price range. And there is little-to-no chance of Vucevic falling into the Mavericks' comfort-level price because his current team, Orlando, wants to keep him and because he has other suitors, particularly Sacramento and Boston.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/06/25/mavericks-free-agency-update-patrick-beverley-much-play-nikola-vucevic-not

$25M for Vooch?

2d0x7pv.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if our insistence that we want to keep Vuc might put off teams and then we can get him at a discount. I really really don't want to give Vuc a max or anything close but sub 20 million for 2 or 3 seasons I think I'd be ok with. If we are to keep him the ideal scenario would be a 1+1 for like 15-17 mil a season at most.

41 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Vuc wants 25 and Dallas is already like “ehhhh hold up now”.... Tells me he will be settling for 20 or so a year.

I love Vuc's offensive game but I will never get the image of him standing still with his arms straight out to the side while a guard goes around him for a layup... and all the layup drills against him we've seen over the years. Teams were game planning to go at Vuc for the win in crunch time.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Vuc wants 25 and Dallas is already like “ehhhh hold up now”.... Tells me he will be settling for 20 or so a year.

I would personally be more than happy "settling" for $20M or so a year. Oh to be an offensively gifted seven-foot tall center!

I don't see us going much more than the $19M we gave to Gordon. I'm not sure that you can go much less, based on performance, unfortunately. I also don't see him settling for less than a three year plus option, or a straight four-year deal. I'm almost hoping that Boston comes at him with a big, four-year deal which makes us walking away a lot easier.