Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

42 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I just wish we had something tangible. A video or something other than fluff. I rather hear nothing than these "we don't know" quotes. 

We're gonna shock the entire NBA by bringing him back at 100% of what he was projected to be. Championship!

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think he'll probably be ready for the season. 

You gotta remember it's June, the season doesn't start until October. 

I am all for his quick return, but what make you think that he will be ready?

The fact we've been void of a starting PG for so long is making me want DLo so bad. 23 yr old PG with his tools aren't always available on the market (assuming he's renounced). I'm ready to say F it and renounce everyone but Birch, stretch Mozy, and get the kid. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

The fact we've been void of a starting PG for so long is making me want DLo so bad. 23 yr old PG with his tools aren't always available on the market (assuming he's renounced). I'm ready to say F it and renounce everyone but Birch, stretch Mozy, and get the kid. 

If we were to sign him, who's most likely to go Scott Skiles on him first?  My money would be on JI.

I saw ?4TheWin mention D. Rose on twitter . Why are we not talking about him as a stop gap until we see what Fultz is? Allows us to trade Fournier and DJ for another piece. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I saw ?4TheWin mention D. Rose on twitter . Why are we not talking about him as a stop gap until we see what Fultz is? Allows us to trade Fournier and DJ for another piece. 

At age 30 and finally playing decent basketball again I imagine Rose will either want to get paid or compete for a championship. Not that I wouldn't be open to bringing him here if he was up for it.

5 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I just wish we had something tangible. A video or something other than fluff. I rather hear nothing than these "we don't know" quotes. 

Between the lines 

Hes playing on court basketball.

He had some fluff baby weight but has since been f2g and lost all that weight

I imagine his shoulders MUCH better if both of these are true

8 hours ago, chosen12 said:

I am all for his quick return, but what make you think that he will be ready?

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Between the lines 

Hes playing on court basketball.

He had some fluff baby weight but has since been f2g and lost all that weight

I imagine his shoulders MUCH better if both of these are true

Basically this. 

Also we're 5 months into this process from a medical perspective with 3 months left. 

I'm extremely confident that he'll be back to his normal self by the time we get to training camp. 

What I'm worried about is a relapse when we get into the season. 

Inferring from what we've seen so far, he gets sporadic numbness and pain due to repetitive motion. When he stops that repetitive motion for a while he feels better and returns to activities. That's when you get Drew Hanlen tweeting out how awesome he looks. Fultz begins repetitive motion again. Then it comes back. 

So he's stopped repetitive motion again and added in physical therapy to remove the nerve compression. Soon (if not already) we'll resume repetitive motion with indefinite physical therapy as maintenance. 

So I'm a little worried about October. I'm more worried about December. When fatigue sets in and he's been screened 400 times and shot a bunch of threes is he going to relapse?

This is also why we won't provide any updates. It's entirely possible that he looks 100% normal today but looks terrible after training camp. We don't want the added analysis by fans and media. Also we don't want that analysis causing Fultz to push through the injury to hide his relapse. 

12 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Thanks! That was a nice listen. Understand about Fultz and although I would love to see what he can do I am glad we are being patient. Good to hear Bamba is healthy and working on adding weight and muscle. Even though it might be limited, I am looking forward to seeing him play in summer league. We need to add some more pieces but I am excited about the direction of our team!

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Rose kind of brings a mess with him

Are we taking potential stop gap PG if we trade Fournier and DJ? Might not want to hear it but Jeremy Lin had a good season while he was in Atlanta. Not ideal but likely cheaper and less years than Rose. Hopefully by the end of the year he’d be backing up Fultz. 

Having said all of that, it’s going to be hard to ship DJ out after the heart he showed us last season. At the very least he got a hero moment in game 1. 

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Basically this. 

Also we're 5 months into this process from a medical perspective with 3 months left. 

I'm extremely confident that he'll be back to his normal self by the time we get to training camp. 

What I'm worried about is a relapse when we get into the season. 

Inferring from what we've seen so far, he gets sporadic numbness and pain due to repetitive motion. When he stops that repetitive motion for a while he feels better and returns to activities. That's when you get Drew Hanlen tweeting out how awesome he looks. Fultz begins repetitive motion again. Then it comes back. 

So he's stopped repetitive motion again and added in physical therapy to remove the nerve compression. Soon (if not already) we'll resume repetitive motion with indefinite physical therapy as maintenance. 

So I'm a little worried about October. I'm more worried about December. When fatigue sets in and he's been screened 400 times and shot a bunch of threes is he going to relapse?

This is also why we won't provide any updates. It's entirely possible that he looks 100% normal today but looks terrible after training camp. We don't want the added analysis by fans and media. Also we don't want that analysis causing Fultz to push through the injury to hide his relapse. 

Spot on. I was diagnosed with TOS two weeks ago. I had sharp pain in my shoulder that shot down my arm and felt like I had torn a ligament in my thumb. Doing a lot of physical therapy to relearn correct motions in how to lift, paddleboard, etc.