Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Stumbled on the Big 3 just now and there’s an all-Magic lineup (all-Clippers too!) of Big Baby / Cuttino Mobley / QRich out there.  Mobley’s still got it.  Looking like the real life Uncle Drew out there. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, Soul Bro said:

I think so much of our free agent approach will reveal our confidence (or lack thereof) in Fultz. That said, I’m higher than most on Brogdon. He’s not a star but he’s an analyst’s dream and a clear leader.

I’m with you on that! I think Brogdon fits our team and philosophy very well and I’m hopeful we pursue him. Russell is the shiny pearl, but Brogdon is the hidden diamond. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

LeVert. 

But cap room isn't just used for free agents. It's also important to not waste money in case a trade opportunity comes up and we need to avoid going deep into the luxury tax. 

We're only two years away from Fultz and Isaac's extensions. 

Spending big money on a 5th man isn't great

Bingo.

If Nets get Kyrie and Durant for max, would they match a big offer for LeVert next summer? Same summer they have to re-sign Joe Harris and fill out their team. 

I'd trade 2 picks for LeVert.

2 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Bingo.

If Nets get Kyrie and Durant for max, would they match a big offer for LeVert next summer? Same summer they have to re-sign Joe Harris and fill out their team. 

I'd trade 2 picks for LeVert.

What do you guys like about LeVert? Admittedly, I’ve not closely followed him, but his stats indicate he’s not a good shooter.

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What do you guys like about LeVert? Admittedly, I’ve not closely followed him, but his stats indicate he’s not a good shooter.

He's good at everything except shooting.

He's just inconsistent at shooting. So it's not like he can't shoot. His effectiveness just varies. But there's optimism he might improve later. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's good at everything except shooting.

He's just inconsistent at shooting. So it's not like he can't shoot. His effectiveness just varies. But there's optimism he might improve later. 

Gotcha. Sounds interesting 

So is there any world would be consider WCS if we dont sign Vooch? Honestly thought he was good coming out of the draft but cannot recall him doing anything since. 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

He's good at everything except 3s and staying healthy, lol. Kid can do it all, and still improving. IMO, he's BK's best player (as of today). He can play next to anyone, iso scoring, within the flow scoring, willing passer, defense, length. 

If he has a full healthy year, and shows improved 3-ball, at 25yrs old, he'll get max offers.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

very good player with a scary injury history

49 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

So is there any world would be consider WCS if we dont sign Vooch? Honestly thought he was good coming out of the draft but cannot recall him doing anything since. 

I like him way more than I thought I would