Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Pretty crazy to think Vooch could end up on Boston. I’m fine with that scenario.

Yeah, usually our all-star centers go to the Lakers; one going to the Celtics would be a change. (I'm actually okay with it too, but appreciate the irony)

The Golden State Warriors have acquired the No. 41 overall draft pick from the Atlanta Hawks.

The Warriors sent $1.3 million and a 2024 second round pick to the Hawks.

per Woj

Holiday remains a hot topic around the league.

The Pacers discussed a deal with him going to the Orlando Magic before the deadline, according to league sources, as they had strong interest in Aaron Gordon. The Magic pivoted, however, to acquire Markelle Fultz from Philadelphia and kept Gordon.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2019/06/19/pacers-aaron-holiday-remains-demand-when-teams-talk-trade-around-nba-draft-free-agency/1507363001/

curious about what else was offered besides Aaron Holiday to pry Gordon away...I assume Turner or Sabonis

18 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2019/06/19/pacers-aaron-holiday-remains-demand-when-teams-talk-trade-around-nba-draft-free-agency/1507363001/

curious about what else was offered besides Aaron Holiday to pry Gordon away...I assume Turner or Sabonis

It was reported we were basically shopping the same deal for Delon Wright, Aaron Holiday, and maybe a few others but we abandoned talks when Philly became willing to shop Fultz in our price range. 

if we salary dump Evan, stretch Mozgov, and renounce our other non-important FAs (not Birch), can we make a play for Brogdon? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

if we salary dump Evan, stretch Mozgov, and renounce our other non-important FAs (not Birch), can we make a play for Brogdon? 

Sure. 

But why would we? Brogdon is a nice guy to have. He's not the piece to put us over the top. 

1 minute ago, andrew2018022 said:

I remember reading that we were linked to Aaron Holiday at the deadline. I wonder what we would have had to trade to get him though...

The same stuff we offered for Fultz though probably our current pick vs the OKC pick or Ross instead of Simmons

Just now, ?4thewin said:

The same stuff we offered for Fultz though probably our current pick vs the OKC pick or Ross instead of Simmons

Yikes, that would be a massive overpay for a 22 YO rookie who was the 23rd overall pick, who only got 12.9 mins per game in 50 games

12 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

In this scenario, the Magic have the ability to sign someone like D’Angelo Russell to a max deal, which would start at 27 million and extend to a total of 4 years/117 million. I’m very curious how high they value Ross and Vooch and whether they try to woo a top free agent.

Do we need D'Angelo when we have Fultz who should be coming back at some point this year?

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Anyone know what the thing Fultz is wearing in his snap story is?

Forces blood flow or something like that, it’s for recovery from what I understand.