Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

My favorite part of that trade is there's literally no reason for Chris Paul to be involved in it. 

Even if the guys entire premise is correct, we're giving Memphis everything in the deal. Why wouldn't we just take Conley? Conley is the better player on a better contract and a better fit. 

I was just going to say the exact same thing! Better contract, talent and nicer guy. 

This summer is shaping up to be lucrative for NBA free agents and big man Bobby Portis is well-positioned to cash in. After spending the final three months of the 2018-19 season with the Wizards, Portis is already seeing a healthy market develop ahead of the June 30 start of the league's negotiating period, NBC Sports Washington has learned.

The Wizards are likely to first extend a qualifying offer on June 30 to make him a restricted free agent. According to Spotrac.com, it will be about $3.6 million and that will give the Wizards the right to match an offer sheet from another franchise.

But teams are already indicating they want Portis, who is just 24 and coming off a season in which he averaged a career-high 14.2 points and 8.1 rebounds in 50 games. That market includes 5-10 teams and could grow once free agency opens.

Portis is expected to draw interest from the Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Bucks, Magic and Knicks among others, NBC Sports Washington has learned.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/source-wizards-will-have-competition-teams-lakers-clippers-restricted-free-agent-bobby

I swear reporters just throw our names in about every non star free agent or trade candidate. Bobby Portis and TJ Warren? Makes no sense when we have AG and Isaac at the 3/4. 

9 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

Also, Woj just reported that LA is trying to clear more cap for another max slot. They're gonna try to get rid of guys like Wagner or Bonga. I think that we should try to pluck Bonga from them. He has some nice point forward potential

Agreed. Wagner is also a nice prospect

54 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I swear reporters just throw our names in about every non star free agent or trade candidate. Bobby Portis and TJ Warren? Makes no sense when we have AG and Isaac at the 3/4. 

I like it. Last year we were not mentioned anywhere. At least we know our management team is active. 

TJ warren is a good guy to have. At 25 he is already a Great scorer and shooter. He is 6'8" and I am not sure if he can transition to the SG position unless they are considering trading some of the young core. It is interesting nonetheless. 

52 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. Wagner is also a nice prospect

yes. The Lakers are trying to get 2nd rounders. I will be ok to trade our second round pick for any of those two players. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Portis the player makes sense because he's a 4/5. So he could give us a really good bench scorer to boost the second unit and take on vucevic's scoring responsibility. 

But he's probably going to get a big contract. 

Hey guys, haven't thought this one through too much yet but the creative juices are flowing so just wanted to put it out there. 

How about AG + 16 for like Enes Kanter?  Or like Isaac + Bamba for the rights to draft Jarrett Culver? Idk something cool like that.  I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from these national writers who really want to shake it up.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Hey guys, haven't thought this one through too much yet but the creative juices are flowing so just wanted to put it out there. 

How about AG + 16 for like Enes Kanter?  Or like Isaac + Bamba for the rights to draft Jarrett Culver? Idk something cool like that.  I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from these national writers who really want to shake it up.

No no no no. 

Washington gets ag, Bamba, 16, 2020 unprotected pick

Minnesota gets Beal

We get Wiggins. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

No no no no. 

Minnesota gets Beal

We get Wiggins. 

Buddy, you're on the right track.  But why settle for Wiggins when that sort of package could even fetch... RJ BARRETT? 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No no no no. 

Minnesota gets Beal

We get Wiggins. 

Haha