Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Horford makes sense. He's old so guaranteed money is more important than single year money. So he can trade in his 1/30 contract for a 3/48 contact and end up ahead. 

Barnes doesn't make sense. Age isn't really a factor as 27 year old guys get the same money as guys who are 28. He's not getting big money this time. He'll get something like 4/64 this summer. If he waited until next summer he'd probably still get 4/64. If he got hurt he'd probably get 2/18. Wouldn't you risk a worst case scenario of 43 million over 3 years for a maximum 89 over 5 years instead of settling for 64 over 4?

That was my thinking about Barnes but I have to disagree with your Horford take. Horford has been relatively healthy his whole career and the contract he'll get offered this summer 3/45 or 4/60 would have been offered to him next off-season IMO especially considering his game and what he offers a team with the post-season experience he has as well as being a good glue guy and calming locker room presence (good vet guy) 

@KevinOConnorNBA: Ricky Rubio will be a top free agent target for the Indiana Pacers, according to league sources. The Pacers are also looking to move into the lottery in Thursday’s NBA draft.

The latest on @ringer: https://t.co/9wEP7peEYX

So SAC will have more money to spend on Vuc :-)

If Durant leaves the Warriors, I could see Barnes rejoin his old team and play for another ring.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

That was my thinking about Barnes but I have to disagree with your Horford take. Horford has been relatively healthy his whole career and the contract he'll get offered this summer 3/45 or 4/60 would have been offered to him next off-season IMO especially considering his game and what he offers a team with the post-season experience he has as well as being a good glue guy and calming locker room presence (good vet guy) 

Yeah but with horford he's at that age where his game could decline quickly so I at least get it. 

12 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

CP3 demanding a trade now... I wonder who would want that contract?

It's arguably the worst contract in the league

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Him and Wall. Watch them get traded for each other

I mean, at least wall is expected to get better. It's all downhill for Paul

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

True. They’re stuck with him. Can’t stretch him, no way he accepts any sort of buyout,  and nobody is trading for him.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

They can S&T one of their FA, which they hold bird rights for.