Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Vuch for cheap is a good thing. He will be an additional assesst to use on a possible trade later this year or next. There are teams who can really use him but  has no cap space to really offer him anything. Just like free agency, this year trade deadline will be as busy. 

This has been said for 2 years now. Vuch is and will not be an asset. If he was he would of already been traded. His value is not as high as some think. 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

Now that New Orleans traded for Ball they have 2 point guards Ball/EP who both can’t shoot. I’ll bet they shop him to avoid the drama with LaVar. 

Payton is a free agent

That’s right; forgot. Maybe they’ll resign EP on the cheap since it’s his hometown and trade Ball; total speculation. Ball is probably the better defender, but other then that, they are similar.

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This has been said for 2 years now. Vuch is and will not be an asset. If he was he would of already been traded. His value is not as high as some think. 

I wonder if we could bring him back for 2 years;  team option on 3rd year with incentives built in at 20 million per year? Bamba needs time and if we had another shot creator that requires a double then maybe Vooch won’t be exposed as much as he was in the playoffs. The front office would have to get real creative. 

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm salivating for ANY recent footage of Fultz dribbling or shooting. 

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I wonder if we could bring him back for 2 years;  team option on 3rd year with incentives built in at 20 million per year? Bamba needs time and if we had another shot creator that requires a double then maybe Vooch won’t be exposed as much as he was in the playoffs. The front office would have to get real creative. 

20 mill?!?! Did we watch the complete meltdown in the playoffs?!?! You want that at 20 mill?!?!

Again I can't wrap my head around it.

Just give me a vet who does his job and does not command the ball. 

• Upvote 1

Most playoff teams have 2/3 guys that can create their own shot that at times need a double team; we had one in the starting lineup Vooch and one in reserve to an extent TRoss. I can’t help but think if we had another creator in the starting lineup Vooch’s impact would have been better. A max according to a sports writer would be 4 - 140 in free agency outside of Orlando; no way..... We will need to replace 20+ points a game, assist and boards, he is a double double and we ran the offense primarily through him. Listen, he is by no means a guy to build around, but as a placeholder until Bamba is ready. Who do you think we could get to replace his production under 20mil? Now if we could sign a bona fide scorer who can create his own shot in our timeline; like Russell, then all bets off. I’m just afraid of a drop off as he was; like it or not; arguably our best player. Committing 2 years is short term and gives Bamba a mentor for his post game. I’m ready to move on if we can find the right deal that fits our teams timeline. Those numbers probably wouldn’t work for him anyway unless his market is very poor. It’s possible. 

12 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Most playoff teams have 2/3 guys that can create their own shot that at times need a double team; we had one in the starting lineup Vooch and one in reserve to an extent TRoss. I can’t help but think if we had another creator in the starting lineup Vooch’s impact would have been better. A max according to a sports writer would be 4 - 140 in free agency outside of Orlando; no way..... We will need to replace 20+ points a game, assist and boards, he is a double double and we ran the offense primarily through him. Listen, he is by no means a guy to build around, but as a placeholder until Bamba is ready. Who do you think we could get to replace his production under 20mil? Now if we could sign a bona fide scorer who can create his own shot in our timeline; like Russell, then all bets off. I’m just afraid of a drop off as he was; like it or not; arguably our best player. Committing 2 years is short term and gives Bamba a mentor for his post game. I’m ready to move on if we can find the right deal that fits our teams timeline. Those numbers probably wouldn’t work for him anyway unless his market is very poor. It’s possible. 

Vucevic can't create his own shot. It's why we relied on fournier at the end of games. Vucevic's fourth quarter and clutch numbers were terrible. 

The level of misunderstanding of what vucevic is by a large section of our fanbase is crazy. The dude was legitimately spectacular for a 25 game stretch out of the last 5 seasons.

Other than that he's been a reliable mid range shooter, an inefficient but aesthetically pleasing post player, a guy who was solid at finding open space in the defense for quick flip shots, and an above average passer. 

It's unbelievable that you'd give him 20 million per year. You've watched 400 games of this. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Let’s see what the market says.....

This assumes the market only gives out smart deals. 

The market said backup centers got 70 million just a few summers ago. It doesn't make them worth it