Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Think I read Ross is waiting to see what Vuc does. If we lose Vuc, i wonder if Ross has any interest to come back? 

We'll see. 

People pulled that out of context from his exit interview. 

If we miss out on a top guard like Walker, Russell or Brogdon, I'd rather bring back Redick over Ross. However, I expect JJ to end up in Philly or Laker land.

So if we are going for a top tier guard does this mean we are going to go with Fultz starting at PG and Walker/DLo/Brogdon as the 2? Also if we dont sign Vuc does this mean Bamba is going to start? I really would like to get rid of Fournier and get a guard who can shoot consistently. 

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

If we miss out on a top guard like Walker, Russell or Brogdon, I'd rather bring back Redick over Ross. However, I expect JJ to end up in Philly or Laker land.

You rather have the 7 year older barley better version of Ross? Where are you getting your preference from? Also as inconsistent as Ross was later in the year defensively he is still a better player than Redick. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

Could mean keeping Vuc for "cheap".

Vuch for anything is a bad idea...I'm going to be such a debi downer next year if Vuch is on this team. I can't wrap my head around the idea of him on this team next year. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ~O~ said:

The league is broken...probably too broken.  The fact that the league priority of players is to go to Los Angeles creates an overwhelming flaw.   Western teams have too much of an advantage.  

I agree but some of this players are from LA and grew up watching this LA team. Remember that they all were fans before. IT is not truly 100% about the city but more about playing for the team they grew cheering for. LA has two teams and rarely you see players requesting a trade to the Clippers. 

8-10 years ago, LA Lakers was not the only franchise players wanted to play for. In fact, The EAST was more of a desired destination than the West with Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia and New York been at the top with the Lakers.  Years later you saw Miami getting into that least for a few years. 

My point is that other than the Lakers, The east has more of an upside on desired destinations than the West. Brooklyn, Knicks, Phila, Boston, Chicago and Miami over maybe Lakers, Clippers, Dallas and Golden State

6 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Vuch for anything is a bad idea...I'm going to be such a debi downer next year if Vuch is on this team. I can't wrap my head around the idea of him on this team next year. 

Vuch for cheap is a good thing. He will be an additional assesst to use on a possible trade later this year or next. There are teams who can really use him but  has no cap space to really offer him anything. Just like free agency, this year trade deadline will be as busy. 

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

You rather have the 7 year older barley better version of Ross? Where are you getting your preference from? Also as inconsistent as Ross was later in the year defensively he is still a better player than Redick. 

Even at his age, I see JJ as a better all around player than Ross. Would rather have him on a 1-2 year deal than Ross on a 4 year deal. Ross is too streaky and one dimensional for me.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Even at his age, I see JJ as a better all around player than Ross. Would rather have him on a 1-2 year deal than Ross on a 4 year deal. Ross is too streaky and one dimensional for me.

Whoa, I just completely disagree on this one.  Can't see JJ having the impact for us that Ross did this year, can't see how the age difference isn't a big factor, can't see how JJ fits into our projected defensive scheme better than Ross.

I think there needs to be a disclaimer in this discussion that im pretty sure JJ is Soul's favorite magic player. 

I don't think it's crazy to prefer JJ over 1-2 years over Ross for 4 based on how our future cap is shaking out. 

I'd be worried that JJ's production could fall off a cliff at any moment. He just passed 800 games, he's turning 35. 

Now that New Orleans traded for Ball they have 2 point guards Ball/EP who both can’t shoot. I’ll bet they shop him to avoid the drama with LaVar.