Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

46 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

The ESPN writer that covers the Lakers already threw his name out last night as potential player to target. The notion was instead of 1 max player player, break up the money to 2-3 really good role players. 

If we don't keep Vuc, and Ross isn't feeling our moves, LA isn't bad for him.

Yeah they did. He fits the bill of a 2-way wing that can at times get to the rim. They will either get a max level player or a few good players that can help their depth

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think they're more interested in a kemba or Jimmy Butler type then fill gaps with minimum guys. 

I dunno... feel like the Warriors lack of depth should teach a lesson to teams, but you’re probably right. I think they get Butler. If they do sign a max guy, will they still have the MLE?

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I dunno... feel like the Warriors lack of depth should teach a lesson to teams, but you’re probably right. I think they get Butler. If they do sign a max guy, will they still have the MLE?

Well the warriors situation was a worst case scenario and shouldn't really impact plans. If Toronto lost Kawhi and Lowry to season ending injuries they wouldn't have won even with their depth. 

You have to choose between cap space or the MLE (as there's a cap hold for the MLE). However, they would have the Room exception which is around $5 million and was put in place for this type of scenario. 

This is also why I think we'll probably keep Ross (looking at things from a short term perspective). Because renouncing Ross and vucevic is going to get us something like 17 million in cap room with the 5 million room exception but keeping Ross also gives us the 9.2 million MLE to work with. 

I mean we really need to keep Ross.  We lose how many more games last season without him single-handedly shooting us back into them or shooting us out of reach?

8? 10?

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This is also why I think we'll probably keep Ross (looking at things from a short term perspective). Because renouncing Ross and vucevic is going to get us something like 17 million in cap room with the 5 million room exception but keeping Ross also gives us the 9.2 million MLE to work with. 

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I mean we really need to keep Ross.  We lose how many more games last season without him single-handedly shooting us back into them or shooting us out of reach?

8? 10?

I want to keep Ross as much or more than any of us, just know he’s unrestricted, so it’s not fully up to us.

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

8? 10?

I don't know. 

But like I said on Twitter the other day, I'm really not that worried about our offense if we get rid of vucevic. We have enough options to absorb that loss. I don't see how we could function on offense if we lose both Ross and vucevic. 

Think I read Ross is waiting to see what Vuc does. If we lose Vuc, i wonder if Ross has any interest to come back? 

We'll see. 

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Think I read Ross is waiting to see what Vuc does. If we lose Vuc, i wonder if Ross has any interest to come back? 

We'll see. 

Remember that too, he said it during exit interviews. Not sure if he was just saying things he felt needed to be said or if he meant it. Never got the vibe that they were that close during the season.