Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Well, we can’t afford to sign D-Lo outright. Pursuing him probably means renouncing both Ross and Vuc and trading Fournier and/or Mozgov which would almost assuredly cost us our pick. It’s a lot of pegs to move around the board just to go after a RFA who Brooklyn will more than likely match on anyway.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Well, we can’t afford to sign D-Lo outright. Pursuing him probably means renouncing both Ross and Vuc and trading Fournier and/or Mozgov which would almost assuredly cost us our pick. It’s a lot of pegs to move around the board just to go after a RFA who Brooklyn will more than likely match on anyway.

I don't think we are going after him. I think other GM's think we're going to go after him. Hence the rumor

• Upvote 1

Yeah seems odd to go for D-Lo since we went in on Fultz. If we dont sign Vooch are we going for a big man or are we running with Bamba? I would like to see us getting a decent big man and Bamba from the bench until he develops. Flipping Founier would be also a good idea to me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Basically this . . . .

We're not in a position to make big moves this off season. Pairing the 16 pick to Fournier isn't going to net you anything better and the DLo talk will be nothing more than his agent trying to up his payday, not that I would want him here anyway. It's why I also laugh anytime someone mentions Kemba like its a realistic option for him to come here.

If we make any moves this offseason they will most likely be small. It's also more probable that we re-sign Vooch to a fair 4 year descending deal as I don't see anyone overpaying for him. Main thing for me this offseason is for them to find ways to improve our bench as it's still one of the worst in the league and would get substantially worse if we lose Ross, Birch is also likely to be gone as he seems to have the attention of other teams and there's no way we can afford to match if he gets a decent offer. Unfortunately the FO don't have much room to maneuver with the current cap issues/contracts Orlando has. If they find a way to improve our bench depth then I will consider it a very good offseason.

• Upvote 1

I'd be interested to see if Nets renounce DLo to get their FAs. They would have to if they wanted Kyrie AND another max guy. If he's unrestricted, I think we'd have a shot. 

In 2 years:

Russell/Fultz/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba

14 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'd be interested to see if Nets renounce DLo to get their FAs. They would have to if they wanted Kyrie AND another max guy. If he's unrestricted, I think we'd have a shot. 

In 2 years:

Man that lineup looks pretty good.  All young players with a lot of upside.  I just keep praying for Fultz, obviously he is the biggest wildcard in that group.

• Upvote 1

Russell was a guy a was hoping for us to target before his breakout year. I always thought the kid was a special talent, but I have a hard time seeing the Nets letting him go. He's a perfect fit for that squad.

26 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Russell/Thybulle/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba 

Fultz as 6th man.

Gordon, Issac, Bamba, Fultz and Russell would be a helluva young core. Definitely would be one of the best young cores Orlando seen since Penny and Shaq days.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Man that lineup looks pretty good.  All young players with a lot of upside.  I just keep praying for Fultz, obviously he is the biggest wildcard in that group.

23 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

In 2 years:

Massive long shot but if all those turned out to their potential. Then Geezus!!  That’s a future to be excited about! Once Gordon is our third best player we’re gonna be unstoppable (he’d prob be 5th in that line up) 

I think the Nets would be stupid to go after Kyrie unless there is already a deal to get KD with him.

The strength of the team is the 3 cheap front court players, Dinwiddie,Lavert and Russell. Yes they have to pay Russell this offseason, but they have enough money to sign someone before they match Russell. I'd love Russell but unless Durant is becoming a Net i just don't see them letting him go.

If the Nets are smart they should go after Tobias, Middleton,Randle in that order.

I do think there is a strong chance our front office makes some kind of trade to shake things up.