Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ross and Fournier were both significantly more efficient scorers though. 

First of all, I dont like to use that stat as much as others do. It truly doesnt measure quality of a player. When you have  Boban as a top 15 in the league  in efficiency and Oladipo, Mccullom and Mitchell barely make the top 100. BTW, DeRozan is top 5 in the league as SG. Ross is 13 and Fournier is 30. 

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I get where you’re coming from, but at this point in his career, we know exactly who Demar is as a ball player, and who he is doesn’t help the long term make up of our team.

Yes. But the same we can say about Fournier. Today's DeRozan is better than Today's Fournier. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

First of all, I dont like to use that stat as much as others do. It truly doesnt measure quality of a player. When you have  Boban as a top 15 in the league  in efficiency and Oladipo, Mccullom and Mitchell barely make the top 100. BTW, DeRozan is top 5 in the league as SG. Ross is 13 and Fournier is 30. 

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg

Yes. But the same we can say about Fournier. Today's DeRozan is better than Today's Fournier. 

Good 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Even though I’m not really a big fan of demar I do think he probably fits our roster better and our needs better than Fournier does.

fournier  is dead space 

Yeah. He's not that good. He's just good enough at manufacturing his own offense to help us out short term

Do you guys think targeting Jeremy Lamb is a good idea if Ross walks this offseason? We've been reported to be interested in Kemba, but I think Lamb could be a good option too.

27 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Do you guys think targeting Jeremy Lamb is a good idea if Ross walks this offseason? We've been reported to be interested in Kemba, but I think Lamb could be a good option too.

I target him even if Ross stays.

46 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I don't think he is that good for a starting role and not bad enough for a 3rd string option. I rather give that spot to Briscoe or another young player we can develop. 

Now, if DJ is dealt or Fultz is not healthy for a return just yet, then yes, I will consider going after him for the back up role. 

Like Nyce said. Ross decision shouldn't influence Much but Rather on how Fultz does in the offseason or if DJ is dealt.  

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I am just sick and tired of the national media pushing this AD to the Lakers narrative.  It's tiresome.  If I am the Pelicans I want nothing of what the Lakers have to offer.

Why? I mean, I m not a big fan of the Lakers and always tired about the press and all the attention they were getting all this past years. But I am truly enjoying it this year. This negativity and Lebron in the mix is priceless.  

AD will be going to the Lakers regardless. Why not just take everything away from them for years to come. I am all for it.  It will be amazing for New Orleans to make the playoff next year with Zion. 

Another reason to cheer for NOLA. Zion vs AD. 

9 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Any update on Markelle?

When there's an update on Markelle you won't have to ask about it. You'll be beaten over the head with analysis.