Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, andrew2018022 said:

Someone posted this on the Magic subreddit today. I have no clue if this guy is legit (I'm inclined to not believe him) but this would be a pretty solid offseason for us imo. The only gripe I have is trading the pick for cap relief. I don't see us making a play for any big names in free agency.

Let’s do this!

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But the vucevic stuff, his market isn't going to be in the 20s. 

Where do you believe Vooch’s market will fall?

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Where do you believe Vooch’s market will fall?

Zach Lowe and somebody were talking before the trade deadline about it and when canvassing league sources he came up with something in the teens. That makes sense considering last summer Capella was being talked about as a max guy and then ended up making a starting salary around 15 million. 

I don't think we'll keep vucevic. It's not implausible that I'm completely wrong and they just don't want to lose an asset. But I'd be shocked if he gets something in the 20s. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So I went back and looked at that guys initial post and he said his source was on the medical side of things so he'd have no idea at all about that we plan on offering vucevic or what Dallas' plans are. It doesn't make sense. 

Points 2 and 3 are plausible scenarios. This draft kind of sucks. I pointed out the first page of this topic that trading fournier and 16 for JR Smith (to clear salary) was a possible scenario. 

Brogdon makes sense as a target in free agency as Hammond drafted him and dumping Fournier would give us a hole in that position. 

But the vucevic stuff, his market isn't going to be in the 20s. 

I just don't see the purpose in us clearing cap for a restricted free agent. I think Brogdon would fit in here perfectly, but he isn't leaving Milwaukee. They're gonna match anything. And who else would we chase with that money?

1 minute ago, andrew2018022 said:

I just don't see the purpose in us clearing cap for a restricted free agent. I think Brogdon would fit in here perfectly, but he isn't leaving Milwaukee. They're gonna match anything. And who else would we chase with that money?

We wouldn't

But we could decide to be spenders with brogdon as one option among several options. 

And Milwaukee has a ton of free agents. Maybe they won't prioritize brogdon. We'd have to overpay though. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We wouldn't

But we could decide to be spenders with brogdon as one option among several options. 

And Milwaukee has a ton of free agents. Maybe they won't prioritize brogdon. We'd have to overpay though. 

Who else does Milwaukee need to re-sign? Middleton, Brogdon, and Lopez? Cant they go over the cap for all of them? 

Unless we get a verbal "I want to come here" from a Kemba or someone similar, I don't see a need to dump a productive and young guy like Fournier. Maybe if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and Dlo all of a sudden becomes available, I would. But we really aren't in play for any big name FA's this summer

9 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Who else does Milwaukee need to re-sign? Middleton, Brogdon, and Lopez? Cant they go over the cap for all of them? 

Unless we get a verbal "I want to come here" from a Kemba or someone similar, I don't see a need to dump a productive and young guy like Fournier. Maybe if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and Dlo all of a sudden becomes available, I would. But we really aren't in play for any big name FA's this summer

That’s my thinking as well. 

9 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Middleton, brogdon, Lopez, Mirotic, and a George Hill replacement. They're gonna have a big luxury tax bill. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Middleton, brogdon, Lopez, Mirotic, and a George Hill replacement. They're gonna have a big luxury tax bill. 

I'd imagine their two priorities are Middleton and Brogdon this offseason

8 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I'd imagine their two priorities are Middleton and Brogdon this offseason

Depends on if they win this series. They're worried about giving brogdon too much money because of his foot. 

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Depends on if they win this series. They're worried about giving brogdon too much money because of his foot. 

If we salary dumped Fournier and let Vooch/Ross walk, would we have enough for a max? Or would we still need to stretch Mozgov?

8 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

If we salary dumped Fournier and let Vooch/Ross walk, would we have enough for a max? Or would we still need to stretch Mozgov?

If we traded the pick with Fournier for JR Smith and let Vuc and Ross go we'd have somewhere in the 32 million ballpark