Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I think he means a playmaker in general. Not necessarily Russell. I personally think one more season but I get where he’s coming from. 

Once we figure out what we have in Bamba and Fultz and if the 16th pick becomes a solid rotation player we're probably in position to make a "win now" type trade. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Once we figure out what we have in Bamba and Fultz and if the 16th pick becomes a solid rotation player we're probably in position to make a "win now" type trade. 

If you make those types of trades it has to be for more of a sure thing. Package an asset with a bad expiring sort of thing? 

12 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

If you make those types of trades it has to be for more of a sure thing. Package an asset with a bad expiring sort of thing? 

No like throw 3 picks at the next big name guy who asks for a trade. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

No like throw 3 picks at the next big name guy who asks for a trade. 

Roll the dice on a big time rental? Most of those guys only demand a trade if they have the walk away leverage. Mind you I’m good with that kinda ballsy move if we are competitive enough to pull a Paul George. Also they had the financial flexibility. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If we're talking about developmental players who are currently bad, doesn't ceiling matter more?

Neither really move the needle for me. I probably like Briscoe as a backup pg while I like FN as a retread prospect.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

First, we're not going to pay Russell. That's going to be a mistake for the team that does that. 

Second, we're not going to take the steps needed to sign Russell (which includes significant dumping of assets) when he's a restricted free agent. 

It's one thing to dream about kemba, a guy who can hypothetically commit to us before we make the moves needed to pay him. It's another thing to dump every free agent and stretch Mozgov to make a viable offer for a guy that Brooklyn could match

I ain't talking about Russell when I said out front office is gonna pull a rabbit out of the hat.. they will do something we don't expect and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised 

Someone posted this on the Magic subreddit today. I have no clue if this guy is legit (I'm inclined to not believe him) but this would be a pretty solid offseason for us imo. The only gripe I have is trading the pick for cap relief. I don't see us making a play for any big names in free agency.

47 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Someone posted this on the Magic subreddit today. I have no clue if this guy is legit (I'm inclined to not believe him) but this would be a pretty solid offseason for us imo. The only gripe I have is trading the pick for cap relief. I don't see us making a play for any big names in free agency.

So I went back and looked at that guys initial post and he said his source was on the medical side of things so he'd have no idea at all about that we plan on offering vucevic or what Dallas' plans are. It doesn't make sense. 

Points 2 and 3 are plausible scenarios. This draft kind of sucks. I pointed out the first page of this topic that trading fournier and 16 for JR Smith (to clear salary) was a possible scenario. 

Brogdon makes sense as a target in free agency as Hammond drafted him and dumping Fournier would give us a hole in that position. 

But the vucevic stuff, his market isn't going to be in the 20s. 

1 hour ago, andrew2018022 said:

That's the part where it's like dude dont you know they're thinking of every possible option this being one of a gauntlet