Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Does no timetable mean no timetable or does it mean Orlando wants to enter the offseason with Fultz having an unknown future around the league?

Seems to me there is benefit in him being a wildcard this summer.

It's presumed that the team doesn't want his progress to be a story that they can't control so they're keeping things as vague as possible until he's fully back. 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:35 PM, Nyce_1 said:

These guys are so young. Just need a solid foundation to build on. 

I'd trade our 2nd rounder for him.

Frank Ntilikina could soon be playing for a new team.

The Knicks "will look into offers for Ntilikina to see if they can add another early second-round or late first-round pick," according to a report from the New York Post. The 20-year-old guard is set to make around $5 million in 2019-20, the report says.

Ntilikina struggled with a groin injury and was limited to 43 games in 2018-19. He averaged 5.7 points an 2.8 assists while hitting just 28.7% of his 3-point attempts.

Multiple teams, including the Timberwolves, Magic, Grizzlies, Nets and Suns, all reportedly showed some level of interest in Ntilikina before the trade deadline.

Ntilikina, who the Knicks selected with the eighth pick in the 2017 draft, had an up-and-down rookie season, as well. He was in and out of New York's rotation in 2018-19.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-looking-to-deal-frank-ntilikina-for-draft-pick/137m9znnbenby1wf8qi5dyxpa6

12 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Eh. Yeah I'd trade our second for him. 

I wouldn't bring back MCW or briscoe though. You can only have so many one note or developmental guys

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh. Yeah I'd trade our second for him. 

I wouldn't bring back MCW or briscoe though. You can only have so many one note or developmental guys

I think I like Briscoe over FN as a point guard 

8 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Haven’t watched the knicks other than when they play us, and I don’t remember Ntilikina much at all. Looking at stats, he looks like a marginally better MCW with a better shot (albeit, still well below average for his position) but a similar career AST/TO ratio, while being 7 years younger than MCW. I know he has the reputation of being a elite on ball defender, so you’re not losing much in the transition from MCW to Frank. I’d be fine if we made the trade since he presents upside and youth that MCW doesn’t have, while being better than Briscoe at a younger age as well, but there’s a fairly decent chance that he stays a offensively deficient guard that can defend.