Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

No finalists for any of the NBA season awards for our Magic.. top 3 for coach are Budenholzer, Rivers and Malone where we could argue Clifford, top 3 for sixth man are Williams, Harrell and Sabonis where we could really really argue Ross

Pacers free agent Tyreke Evans has been dismissed and disqualified from the league for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) May 17, 2019

WHAT THE HECK!! Isnt he a free agent. Career destroyed.At least for 2 years. 

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No finalists for any of the NBA season awards for our Magic.. top 3 for coach are Budenholzer, Rivers and Malone where we could argue Clifford, top 3 for sixth man are Williams, Harrell and Sabonis where we could really really argue Ross

All of those coaches are very well deserving of the mention. They are above Clifford, in my opinion. Clifford was a  Top 5 coach this year. I am surprised that Popovich was not mentioned either. I have it as: 1. Budenholzer, 2. Malone, 3. Rivers, 4. Popovich  5. Clifford and Atkinson sharing the 5th spot. 

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

How can you have two 6th man award candidates on the same team? If Lue is six, that makes Harrell the 7th man. Ross is above Harrell and Sabonis but behind Lue. Even Dinwiddie should have been mentioned above Harrell and Sabonis. 

21 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

1. For us? No way

2. They dont need to reload they will have 3 all stars. They will need to find a 3 and D guy to play KDs spot with the taxpayer MLE.

That GSW bench is long in the tooth. I meant as far as reloading solid rotation guys on the bench. Not like replace Durant with Kawhi or something. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:02 AM, ?4thewin said:

I never said that. I said there's little value at the end of the second round. 

You responded with a couple players that worked out. 

Then I responded with something like a hundred players that didn't. 

To be fair tho, you have a history of devaluing any draft pick that isn't top 3. You've been firmly on the "tanking is the ONLY way to build a successful roster", despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

So while Magicpassion may be trying to redefine the debate that has happened, he does have a point regarding your history of devaluing anything other than the top pick.

• Upvote 1

Would you guys trade a 2nd round pick for Frank Ntilikina? Word on the street is, New York is trying hard to get rid of him. Personally I'm not a fan of his game, but the potential is there, and he fits the philosophy that Weltman and Hammond are pursuing. He's a fantastic defender, and his offense is terrible, but he's only 20 and he's very athletic. I think he's been playing out of position at PG in NYC, and could be a solid 3 and D wing player.