Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Don't think a 20 PPG guy can be considered a #1 option. They both could develop to be #2s.

On an elite defensive team, the 20-25 PPG range could be enough for a #1 option

On 5/15/2019 at 10:12 AM, Magicpassion said:

Without knowing the inter-workings of the tech moderation, if indeed I made an inaccurate statement. I am truly sorry. It would be nice if we could see who does these down votes so the cowards could be exposed. It’s so easy to hide behind the keyboard.  

I downvote anyposts where someone is complaining about downvotes... i'm not a coward.

Then i go down the page and downvote the same user till i reach my maximum allowed downvotes. If i am reminded of this then next day then i do it again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

12 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

On an elite defensive team, the 20-25 PPG range could be enough for a #1 option

Well you said 20 so that's what I was responding to. 25+ seems more in line with a #1. I'm not sure if either gets to that point but I'd gladly take it.

1 hour ago, andrew2018022 said:

Do you guys think that AG or Isaac is more likely to develop into a first option? This might just be me being a homer, but I truly think JI has the potential to become a 20 PPG guy. He's shown flashes of him doing what guys like Siakam have done.I just remember watching a stretch of JI over a few games in February and March where he turned into this ultra aggressive guy on offense. The guy is becoming a better finisher than I thought he was. He can spin to the hoop and can use his length over defenders. if he can add more muscle this offseason, I think he can blossom into a first option by 25-26.

I'm hoping whoever becomes our #1 option is either Fultz or is not even on the team yet. BIG can and probably will all become great scorers if we have a go to guy that demands attention/double teams that free up the bigs for dunks. We have 3 guys that can run fast and jump out of the gym. Now we just need somebody that can set them up properly.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This was 10 years ago. How relevant is that team now compared to today's NBA? Once you reach the 20 ppg range you fall into guys who are really good but not what I consider #1s. But looking at the scoring leaders I can see the arguement but still lean towards 20+ guys are the guys who are true #1s and not just #1s cuz  #1s are hard to find. 

http://m.espn.com/nba/leagueleaders?src=desktop

11 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This was 10 years ago. How relevant is that team now compared to today's NBA? Once you reach the 20 ppg range you fall into guys who are really good but not what I consider #1s. But looking at the scoring leaders I can see the arguement but still lean towards 20+ guys are the guys who are true #1s and not just #1s cuz  #1s are hard to find. 

http://m.espn.com/nba/leagueleaders?src=desktop

I think too many people worry about ppg benchmarks. That's too dependent on fga per game. Really what you need is a guy who can get you a bucket at the end of games. I don't think Gordon or Isaac will ever be that kind of guy but I think Fultz can in theory. And the theoretical team we're planning on building probably will never have a 22+ ppg type guy on it but that's more due to spreading out scoring than lacking a go to scorer. 

A little chatter in Dallas newspapers about Vuc being a target in free agency which I think is no surprise.  But I had no idea Vuc and Doncic have the same agent.  Could be something or could be nothing,  just thought it was interesting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

A little chatter in Dallas newspapers about Vuc being a target in free agency which I think is no surprise.  But I had no idea Vuc and Doncic have the same agent.  Could be something or could be nothing,  just thought it was interesting.

Wasn't aware of that. Hopefully Luka is a fan of the Vooch.

• Like 1

I was thinking. What do guys think if Seth Curry as a free agent. If Ross leaves, he is a guy we need to look for. I don't think will be that expensive and decent shooter off the bench. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/15/2019 at 11:57 AM, IrishCelticHater said:

Do we think Jimmy Butler is still a long shot option? If GSW lose KD how do you think they’ll reload? For the love of  Magic Johnson, let’s talk basketball. 

1. For us? No way

2. They dont need to reload they will have 3 all stars. They will need to find a 3 and D guy to play KDs spot with the taxpayer MLE.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I was thinking. What do guys think if Seth Curry as a free agent. If Ross leaves, he is a guy we need to look for. I don't think will be that expensive and decent shooter off the bench. 

Sure.