Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

So is rozier still an option this summer?

Probably not, as we don't have any real cap room to sign him to an offer sheet (RFA) unless we waive Ross, Vuc, and Martin, which would still only bring us to about $15M. Even then, Boston could still match, leaving us with nothing. Also, it would mean we already gave up on developing Fultz. Rozier already has shown he isn't happy/comfortable as a bench player. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No you didn't. 

We were discussing jerian Grant. You said it sucks that we gave up a pick for him. I said "it's the 51st pick. Pretty much worthless". You responded "Isaiah Thomas #60". I responded "that's a bad way to look at draft pick value". Then you went and found the best players picked between 51 and 60. Then I provided analysis of 120 players picked between 49 and 60 over the last 10 drafts. Then you said "we don't need a dissertation". 

So yes. You were specifically talking about the end of the second round. You were wrong then and you're still wrong. 

My goodness, the ego just won’t let go. If you look at the full contents of dialog, I said there is potential value in the second round beyond the Grant discussion. Please let this go you are looking silly. I’m done with this discussion, if your ego is going to pick out pieces of the dialog like a politician, then go for it, to sooth your ego, but I’m finished with this discussion. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

My goodness, the ego just won’t let go. If you look at the full contents of dialog, I said there is potential value in the second round beyond the Grant discussion. Please let this go you are looking silly. I’m done with this discussion, if your ego is going to pick out pieces of the dialog like a politician, then go for it, to sooth your ego, but I’m finished with this discussion. 

The simple fact is the expected value of a pick in the bottom of the lottery isn't very remarkable. The expected return on one of those picks is someone like Darius Johnson-Odom. For every amir Johnson, gortat, or better player that finds themselves in that range there's 20 guys like Devyn Marble. 

If you want to say "no, I was talking about second rounders in general" then that's not really pertinent to the conversation we were having which was "it's not a big deal that we gave up the 51st pick for jerian Grant". But you didn't mean that. You're just moving the goalposts. 

And if you didn't want to reopen this discussion, why bring it up again 10 weeks after it was settled? You don't get to take a shot at me then complain when I respond. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

giphy.gif

Is it possible for admins to see who dishes out upvotes and downvotes? There’s like 5 or 6 posts in the past few pages that have a downvote for no reason. Sucks to have rep docked by a troll

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Is it possible for admins to see who dishes out upvotes and downvotes? There’s like 5 or 6 posts in the past few pages that have a downvote for no reason. Sucks to have rep docked by a troll

Welcome to the boat. Lol. Expect some down votes for that statement as well. I got like 5 of them for just bringing it up. We just need to get rid of it in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I've noticed that myself. Several posts with down votes that weren't merited by any standard I could see.

29 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I never know for sure but I can usually match the notification with the activity log so I have a good idea. 

Most of the time when I see a random negative for something that has no reason to be negative I'll throw a positive at it to even it out. 

• Upvote 1

or we can stop being petty and enjoy the process. No reason to be snotty to each other. I mean I’ve been guilty of this but have seriously curtailed how irritated I let people get me. You guys are both being petty. 

Lets watch the lottery and watch the game and have polite discourse. No reason to get snarky. Let’s have fun guys and gals. 

29 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

or we can stop being petty and enjoy the process. No reason to be snotty to each other. I mean I’ve been guilty of this but have seriously curtailed how irritated I let people get me. You guys are both being petty. 

Lets watch the lottery and watch the game and have polite discourse. No reason to get snarky. Let’s have fun guys and gals. 

I agree. I sometimes wonder how some people here Spent so much of their valuable free time to go back and forth on each other to just prove a point that is just, mainly, a personal opinion.