Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

We can clear enough money to offer any single player anything. 

The list of teams with max cap space is large though so why would a guy come here vs any of the other places? We're not going to renounce guys and use our pick to dump salary for the chance to get a guy. We'd only do that if they say they're definitely coming here.

Besides staying with GS what are these other teams you mention? 

I guess the larger question is why not us? Especially for a guy with multiple ships already. 

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Besides staying with GS what are these other teams you mention? 

I guess the larger question is why not us? Especially for a guy with multiple ships already. 

Well he's on an all time great team. He was born in Los Angeles, went to high school in southern California, went to college in Washington, his Dad played for Portland and the Lakers. So all of his roots are on the west coast. 

And the Lakers and clippers have max space. 

Plus Brooklyn, New York, and Dallas. 

Why would the magic be the number one destination on his list? Maybe we end up in the running but there's no prize for second place. 

The only connection I can come up with is his agent works for Wasserman, a different agent at that firm represents Melvin Frazier. 

So it's just unlikely. 

I see Vuc going to a team like Sacramento. I don't see any other team out there offering anything near a Max. 

Maybe he sees Markelle in off season and sees how well he’s playing and thinks to himself. I can be their missing piece and they are a young and up coming team. Who knows. When grant hill and tmac came here and almost Duncan our team was not good. 

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Maybe he sees Markelle in off season and sees how well he’s playing and thinks to himself. I can be their missing piece and they are a young and up coming team. Who knows. When grant hill and tmac came here and almost Duncan our team was not good. 

When Grant Hill was coming here we positioned ourselves as the only team with cap space. McGrady wanted to come here because he wanted to be closer to home because he was born in Central Florida. Duncan was interested in playing with Hill. And again it's because we made it a two team race. 

There's no reason to expect anyone to want to come here right now unless we want to overpay Jimmy Butler or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

When Grant Hill was coming here we positioned ourselves as the only team with cap space. McGrady wanted to come here because he wanted to be closer to home because he was born in Central Florida. Duncan was interested in playing with Hill. And again it's because we made it a two team race. 

There's no reason to expect anyone to want to come here right now unless we want to overpay Jimmy Butler or something like that. 

Jimmy Butler could be a really great piece if we knew one of our guys would level up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

And your points affirm the fact that this is not the right year to pursue big time FA'a.  Give it another year when we will have more money, when our roster will have another year under it's belt to see what we have, and maybe, more importantly, for other team's players to see what we have.  I believe  there is a good chance we will look even more attractive a year from now.  Enough to get a big time FA, I do not know, but I think we will have a better chance.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833876-realistic-trades-to-rescue-nbas-top-young-stars#slide1

Is this guy actually serious?  Apparently anyone can write an article these days.  SMH.

I’m a big Holiday fan so I don’t think it’s that bad. However, if we believe Fultz really can return to form, I’d stay the course and not make that trade.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m a big Holiday fan so I don’t think it’s that bad. However, if we believe Fultz really can return to form, I’d stay the course and not make that trade.

You obviously value him more then I do.  I would not give up Bamba for that guy.  Maybe Fournier and a future second.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I understand it's unlikely sometimes FA is just weird. What were the circumstances for landing Lewis? 

Off of memory how often does a better than average talent pick a team/city like ours?